1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

**Gigabyte Super OC GTX 480's - VERY LOW PRICES!**

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Gibbo, 14 Mar 2011.

1. Cleeecooo

Capodecina

BS

Edit: Just seen the price and you're right!!!
    It's the same price as the SOC

2. varkanoid

Capodecina

Last time Gibbo said the prices would go up as the stock came down. Maybe this is the case again. Pity as if they were sub £200 I would buy one too.

3. Randall8686

Wise Guy

LOL :D Im not telling porkies

£249.98

4. Buckster

Sgarrista

well mines still artefacting ...

but use of their 8 pin converter seems possibly to make thing marginally better but may be wrong

I bumped volts up to 1.088 and it ran at 800 in OCCT for 400 seconds with no errors - which is probably good enough and near enough to advertised to stop worrying really - ok its higher than the 1.037 - but making do may be better than new PSU or replacing card etc etc - as after all it could be my PSU

5. Cleeecooo

Capodecina

Placebo

6. Randall8686

Wise Guy

well mine is running at 850 on stock volts randomly as soon as i up the volts slightly my Benchmark results go down, work that out ? but im happy with 850 on stock volts tbh i did only go up very very slightly on the volts so maybe i need a bigger jump in volts

7. Cleeecooo

Capodecina

Still haven't heard from GB. They got my card monday @ 11AM

8. Buckster

Sgarrista

i'm wondering if one of the previous posters re heat and power required maybe correct

just the only other difference vs pervious is I decided to do a massive clean-up inside case - tidy up - remove all dust etc etc - which has made airflow better

wheras before in OCCTI'd get up to 100C plus this time only got to 90 wih similar settings

if its stable at 800 with 1.088 it'll be good enough for me I think - I mean even at 700 its a fast enough card - and its not like they were full price - so still a bargain IMO

I just ran Bulletstorm 1900 with 4xAA and card was only at 74C with fans at 55% which is non too shabby really :)

9. Randall8686

Wise Guy

going to say i cannot get mine to hi 80c in games 74 or 78 is the highest i have seen. i did get about a exta 7fps by going from 700 to 850 so its free fps

10. Nodiggidy123

Mobster

ok just installed this card and after playing crysis warhead and crysis 2 ive noticed slight flickerings all over the screen.

will try another driver version and run occt as i think its artifacting :(

11. Cleeecooo

Capodecina

unlucky :(

12. Nodiggidy123

Mobster

i knew i should have plumped for the 570. this oc is obviously pushing the card to much.

im unsure as how to test with occt? what settings should i use. do i just run it at full screen with error check?

if so it started throwing up errors almost immediately.

im running 2 separate rails into it each with a 36A rating so im dont think its my psu.

Last edited: 14 Apr 2011
  13. therutz

Gangster

Try the first crysis mine hit 84c playing that (if you have it installed)

c2 ,bullet storm, batman AA all with temps of 75c (ish)

14. Nodiggidy123

Mobster

i just wanna downclock the gpu for final testing.

ok down clocking the core to 750 and the memory to 1850 and it runs fine on occt.

this is going back. faulty or DSR? if under dsr do i state the card is also faulty?

Last edited: 14 Apr 2011
  15. Buckster

Sgarrista

I would not worry too much

Even slightly downclocked I get a smoother experience than I got with my heavily oc'd 570

16. Cleeecooo

Capodecina

DSR

17. Grale

Gangster

There's just too many cases of faulty cards now, OC have my card today so i guess i will find out next week if faulty, i will get a refund if that is the case. but i'm guessing i'm going to be 2 way postage out of pocket!

18. Cleeecooo

Capodecina

why two way?

19. Grale

Gangster

I had to pay to send it to them, and if found not faulty i have to pay for the return aswell mate.

20. Cleeecooo

Capodecina

Ah. Hopefully they will find it faulty first time round. If youre as lucky as me, DPD will just leave the parcel somewhere and you can claim a refund.