Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master Owners

Soldato
Not sure there's any easy way to choose to boot
From the second bios
It seems to be there in case the first bios gets corrupted
Unless there's something I am missing
Like a little switch on the motherboard to select bios
Or similar

The second bios is accessed via a dip switch. To be honest it does ask when flashing if you want to update both. Which to me is just daft as to me that just negates the point of it entirely

Soldato
The second bios is accessed via a dip switch. To be honest it does ask when flashing if you want to update both. Which to me is just daft as to me that just negates the point of it entirely
Thanks
Will need to read my user manual properly
Wasn't aware of a dip switch
Though mines ultra not master
Not sure if that will make a difference
I had to flash both of mine to the same
As had a problem where it wouldn't boot to the
Main bios just kept booting to the backup
Even though main bios wasn't corrupted or anything
But yeah I know what you mean the point of
A backup is it's a previous version to roll back to

Associate
Gigabyte's BIOS page is encouraging users to update their BIOS because of major security vulnerabilities: https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/X570-AORUS-MASTER-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

The problem is you can't go back to an older BIOS after doing this and it's a beta BIOS (denoted by the lower case letter). I wish these companies would tell us what these security vulnerabilities are and their scope so we could make an informed decision.

Find that really odd.

Why are they mentioning the ransomware protection company too? Assaf Carlsbad and Itai Liba from SentinelOne

I know they found intel vulnerabilities, but can't see anything regarding AMD?

Soldato
Find that really odd.

Why are they mentioning the ransomware protection company too? Assaf Carlsbad and Itai Liba from SentinelOne

I know they found intel vulnerabilities, but can't see anything regarding AMD?
I don't know, there is no information I can find as usual. These motherboard companies should get serious about offering full release notes and also hashes for the BIOSes on their website for security reasons.

Associate
I don't know, there is no information I can find as usual. These motherboard companies should get serious about offering full release notes and also hashes for the BIOSes on their website for security reasons.

Especially when it's a company that's been victim to two ransomware attacks too.

Slowly going off Gigabyte

Soldato
Especially when it's a company that's been victim to two ransomware attacks too.

Slowly going off Gigabyte
They are all pretty bad to be fair, none of them do the basics that I outlined. Gigabyte's hardware and heatsinks on their motherboards are good which is why I go with them most of the time, but their software and BIOS are not the best. They also like to rage the volts at stock completely unnecessarily on their Intel platforms in particular. I've had very bad luck with faulty Asus motherboards and their buggy BIOS and MSI has given me a few problems too with a faulty board (I've only bought MSI once so it's probably just bad luck, I don't want to be unfair to them and the board was well designed with very good chipset cooling).

Associate
BIOS F35 is up.

Major vulnerabilities updates, customers are strongly encouraged to update to this release at the earliest.
Credits to "Assaf Carlsbad and Itai Liba from SentinelOne"
• Introduce capsule BIOS support starting this version.

1. Checksum : CBFD
  2. Update AGESA ComboV2 1.2.0.5
  3. Change default status of AMD PSP fTPM to Enabled for addressing basic Windows 11 requirements (https://support.microsoft.com/windows/1fd5a332-360d-4f46-a1e7-ae6b0c90645c)

Associate
I haven't got around to flashing the new BIOS but I will now...
Turned on my PC this morning and it was making a lot of noise. I saw that my pump speed was higher than normal and was varying. Rebooted into BIOS to find that it had been reset to default/factory and my saved profiles were missing!
I only did a quick web search but I discovered that my experience is not unique - has anyone here had the same?
After recreating my settings I was able to save profiles again and they survived a reboot. I now have a small USB memory stick in one of the back slots to hold a copy of my profile in case it happens again.

Soldato
I haven't got around to flashing the new BIOS but I will now...
Turned on my PC this morning and it was making a lot of noise. I saw that my pump speed was higher than normal and was varying. Rebooted into BIOS to find that it had been reset to default/factory and my saved profiles were missing!
I only did a quick web search but I discovered that my experience is not unique - has anyone here had the same?
After recreating my settings I was able to save profiles again and they survived a reboot. I now have a small USB memory stick in one of the back slots to hold a copy of my profile in case it happens again.

Had the same thing happen to me some time ago, switched to the secondary bios and all was there.

Did seem odd, Guess a was sleep bois switching :D

Associate
Thanks @pete910 - good do know that this might be a "known" problem rather than my mobo dying.
I never thought about switching BIOS. I had planned to use my dual BIOS to alternate between current and previous - so my primary is now F32 and I plan to put F35 in secondary only so that I can go back to F32 in case of issues. I like the idea of keeping a profile on a USB memory stick so that I can always grab it in case this happens again.

Soldato
Thanks @pete910 - good do know that this might be a "known" problem rather than my mobo dying.
I never thought about switching BIOS. I had planned to use my dual BIOS to alternate between current and previous - so my primary is now F32 and I plan to put F35 in secondary only so that I can go back to F32 in case of issues. I like the idea of keeping a profile on a USB memory stick so that I can always grab it in case this happens again.

I skipped f35 was on f32 for a good while. Am on f36b now which has been solid so far.

The problem with profiles is they cannot be used across BIOS versions :(

Associate
Yes I see that now. I booted my PC this morning and it was clear that the same issue happened. I had thought that it was literally just switch-controlled dual boot but I realise now that the primary BIOS was failing and it was booting with the secondary BIOS even though the switch was in the primary position. Makes sense now. That's why I was confused - my primary BIOS was F33 and my secondary F32. So I flashed the primary to F35 and tried to load the profile which I saved yesterday - and as you noted it failed to make the changes. Fortunately I've got used to setting my fan and pump curves that it is easy to restore manually. I had made some CPU changes, mainly undervolting, but I'll leave the defaults for now until I know if I have a HW problem. Hopefully this was a firmware glitch and now that I have flashed the primary BIOS it will be stable. I just did a cold reboot and it was fine so I hope it will continue to be. I really do not want the hassle of dealing with a mobo RMA.

Associate
Hi guys ,

i've got serious issues with my Red Devil RX 6800 not displaying anything at all - vga led on most of the time . Tested the gpu in another rig and it worked , now back to X570 Master - gave it a shot with a different gpu ( GTX 970 ) through a riser cable in every slot possible and still nothing . Have tried those pci-e with a different GPU both with riser and direct , only the x1 slot ( bottom ) worked so i flashed the bios in hope while at it . Nothing solved .. it even stopped working afterwards , x8 worked for about 2 times and not a single time on the X16. Do you think it's from the BIOS ?

Last edited:
Associate
I've got the Aorus Pro Wifi on the latest stable BIOS F35, and whatever I set the DRAM voltage to it stays on 1.236V. Is there anything on these x570 boards that restricts voltage change? I've tried upping the SOC to 1.1 but no DRAM voltage setting changes seem to make any difference.

I'm trying to get some 8Pack 3600 CL16 sticks above 2400MHz.

Back
Top Bottom