until it goes in
then with your thumb then push down on the top end
so the clip clicks home
if its got those slots without a clip at the bottom of the ram slot
its kind of confusing
as you expect the bottom end of the ram to just go in on its own

edit thats assuming d0 does mean ram error
if you have diagnostic leds too
then as version monkey says which led is lit?

The DRAM leds lights up ans stays lit, the system is not in a case yet just sitting on its box
The ram is definatey seated properly, I have tried the pair in different slots and individually in different slots but with no luck

Associate
Sorry if you already answered this
But has the ram been tested working in
Another device?
unfortunately my only other pc is a Sandybridge i5-2500k system, so it wouldn't work in there

I have just got myself a new usb stick and I managed to get the bios to update, but it hasn't made things any better
So it looks like its either the motherboard or the ram

Soldato
Do you know anyone with a pc you can
Test the ram in?
If you happened to be local to me (East Kent)
Would happily test it for you
Or look for a local one man pc shop
Good chance they will quickly test it for free
Or a small amount

Associate
Despite having to RMA a bricked board, I continue to be impressed by this board and Ryzen 5000 combo.

Spent the evening trying to dial in better temps and lower volts when OC'd - want to reduce rad fan noise for work related use.

Here's where I'm at:

Cinebench - R23, 29200-29500 - 79-81.5c

TDC: 140A
EDC: 206A

Volts - per core curve values tested with OCCT rolling core test (v9.1.4)
CCD0: min -5, max -25
CCD1: min -20, max -30

Only other values changed for the board are RAM / FCLK (3800 / 1900), everything else stock. This sort of feels like a sweet
spot; 31k cinebench for me needs motherboard max power envelope and with my AIO I'm pretty much at 90c, so no thanks!

I'd be happy to leave this here if long term stability tests pass, but you know how it is, I wonder if 30k is in reach through
undervolting. What do you think? Call it a day or should I try anything else?

Associate
Interesting to see those results. I did a similar exercise with my 5900X which could only achieve 1800 FCLK with my 4000 memory. I thought I had got my undervolt curve right because I had no trouble for weeks and then I had a game crash and found WHEA CPU core entries in the log. So I had to raise the curve by 1 point for 2 of the cores.

Associate
I've seen 5900X achieveing 1900FCLK on Master but with a bit better memory /4400/so your memory could be limited in that aspect even though it is rated at 4000.

Associate
I'm thinking of pairing this up with a 5800x , What Memory (RGB) would you recommend for 32gb 3600 straight out the box?

Soldato
Gigabyte's BIOS page is encouraging users to update their BIOS because of major security vulnerabilities: https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/X570-AORUS-MASTER-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

The problem is you can't go back to an older BIOS after doing this and it's a beta BIOS (denoted by the lower case letter). I wish these companies would tell us what these security vulnerabilities are and their scope so we could make an informed decision.

Soldato
That's peculiar
Though my board is the ultra not the master
But I previously installed 35d which caused a problem
And I restored to the previous bios
But now yeah it's saying that you can't roll back from 35d
I don't like if you're unable to roll it back
So if it causes issues you're stuck with them
That's not good

Back
Top Bottom