Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 7 Owners Thread.

Hi. Was hoping someone could help me please. My pc was working fine with Windows 7. I just upgraded to Windows 10 and chose the clean install option. The first time, it booted fine to desktop. I returned half an hour later and no response, just a black screen. It showed code bf/6f. It switches off almost instantly with the power button. It won't post beyond the Gigabyte logo. There's a small ring under the logo spinning then monitor goes off. I'm using the onboard hdmi at the moment.

Hi. Was hoping someone could help me please. My pc was working fine with Windows 7. I just upgraded to Windows 10 and chose the clean install option. The first time, it booted fine to desktop. I returned half an hour later and no response, just a black screen. It showed code bf/6f. It switches off almost instantly with the power button. It won't post beyond the Gigabyte logo. There's a small ring under the logo spinning then monitor goes off. I'm using the onboard hdmi at the moment.

Just reinstalled Windows 10 and everything's working again.

hi all,

i finally have all my bits arrived!

i am going to start the build over the weekend. having not built a pc for many a year i am a bit unsure about.

H110i and setting that up correct with the Gaming 7 mobo. any advise with wiring and how to best do it ?

The board has the Gconnector thing to make the wiring of the power/hdd led etc easy peasy.

The H110i if it has the USB cable for the link then connect that to one of the USB2.0 headers along the bottom, the cable should be long enough to go up from the H100i pump, out the rear of the case, down the back and inside the case again at the bottom of the board.

If its not long enough then place the cable behind the board (the right way around) and screw the board to the case.

So its in the space/cavity created by the standoffs.

If the H100i uses a fan header on the board for power and not just rpm sensing (some AIO use a SATA plug for power such as the H110i GT), then set that header to full speed in the BIOS and if you use the SIV software, change the fan speed for that header to fixed rpm and set to full speed.

The board has the Gconnector thing to make the wiring of the power/hdd led etc easy peasy.

The H110i if it has the USB cable for the link then connect that to one of the USB2.0 headers along the bottom, the cable should be long enough to go up from the H100i pump, out the rear of the case, down the back and inside the case again at the bottom of the board.

If its not long enough then place the cable behind the board (the right way around) and screw the board to the case.

So its in the space/cavity created by the standoffs.

If the H100i uses a fan header on the board for power and not just rpm sensing (some AIO use a SATA plug for power such as the H110i GT), then set that header to full speed in the BIOS and if you use the SIV software, change the fan speed for that header to fixed rpm and set to full speed.

thanks mate, i have not actually picked up the cooler, so would the GT be a better option, i have everything else apart from the cooler. i can pick up either locally

It would seem either or any will fit my case.

I have read up and I am pretty sure I get it now.

It would seem the choice is mine with similar results. I can either plug straight into the mobo and cotrol via the bios. Or use corsair link with the sata power and USB header.

There are but I haven't tried them!

Edit - I tell a lie. On the Intel site I can only find 10.1.1.4 whereas gigabyte has 11.0.0.1162.

The gigabyte version is not the version of the Intel Drivers but of one specific driver within the pack its very misleading.

eg I used the Intel Inf Drivers from April 2016 this year and my SATA driver shows 14.5.0.1081 in Device Manager which indicates the gigabyte ones are ancient.

PC all built and working. I don't quite understand the m.2 ssd / ssd configuration other than I can't use the bottom row

PC is stable. Not touched the bios yet. So will do that and the fan setup over the weekend.

But as a bare bones it works !

Back
Top Bottom