Gin recommendations?

ajf

ajf

Soldato
Personal favourite is Tanqueray Rangpur but seems difficult to get sometimes.
Hendricks is another nice one I find

Had a bottle of Boe Superior Gin from work at Christmas which is not bad too. Never heard of them before.

Commissario
OP
I've just picked up this, based on a comment in here and the fact that it was on the shelf in a supermarket!

Vh1uq1u.jpeg

Curent rating order
Blue Bottle
Martin Miller's

Then it's very difficult to pick one I prefer out of Sipsmith and the Caorunn. I think the Caorunn may be slightly edging it above the Sipsmith.

Associate
I’m in Guernsey every week and I’m sure that Blue Bottle stuff is only twenty odd quid at Randall’s. I’ve not tried it, but I’m going to buy some for the wife who is also following this new Gin fad.

Associate
Has anyone tried Eden Mill's Sea Buckthorn? If your pair it with Fever Tree's Mediterranean tonic something wonderful happens. Both are lovely on their own, but together they are like crack and a pipe. Or eating an entire bag of Schoko-bons.

Associate
In St Peter Port?

I was in the St Sampson shop about two years ago when the bloke in there starting telling me about it and I am almost sure it was £25. Times have changed and the Gin bandwagon is well up to speed so it wouldn’t surprise me if the price has changed, but next time I’m in I will check although I won’t be paying forty quid for it!

Associate
I was in the St Sampson shop about two years ago when the bloke in there starting telling me about it and I am almost sure it was £25. Times have changed and the Gin bandwagon is well up to speed so it wouldn’t surprise me if the price has changed, but next time I’m in I will check although I won’t be paying forty quid for it!

I think it might be about £36 in stores.

The cheapest I’ve seen is (I think) £28 in GCI duty free, which I believe is run by Randalls. I don’t think it’s anywhere else on island as cheap as that.

Soldato
What type of gin is 'cascade'?

A gimmick that actually works quite well.

This unique gin incorporates Cascade Hops in its flavour profile. Cascade is the founding father of the Craft Beer Revolution. Our head distiller, previously a craft brewer himself, has been working with hops for many years and will be uses the vapour method to extract all the flavour and aroma of this giant of hops.

Associate
the botanist is lovely and i prefer it to caorunn - both have a seaweed medicinal iodine twang to them
shortcross gin from crossgar in NI is great as is Jawbox gin from belfast especially with honeycomb dropped into it
gunpowder gin from drumshanbo in county leitrim is a bit different but tasty
missus loves tanqueray rangpur (amazon is where i get i from)

Back
Top Bottom