Glastonbury & the BBC.

Man of Honour
He might be talking about Download though.

Also technically you only pay the (partly refundable) deposit for Glastonbury before any of the lineup is announced. In 2013 I paid £50 deposit before the lineup, then got £40 back when I withdrew in early April having seen most of the lineup (that wasn't the main reason). They keep more in admin fees these days but regardless it's not like you are whacking down £280 or whatever for a blind lineup, the bulk of the money you can decide not to pay.

Really it is testament to the festival though, that they sell out 180k tickets in 20mins or whatever with no lineup. I'm definitely not one who doesn't care about the lineup but I also know there's a lot to explore, in some ways a crap headliner can be a blessing because it means you can see a less popular band you like headline one of the smaller stages, or hit the SE corner early before it gets too busy, go to Arcadia, whatever takes your fancy.

It's only when you go to other relatively 'big' festivals like IOW that you realise what a monster Glasto is, I mean at IOW it was basically just one long strip, very little off to the sides, heck the bloody main arena wasn't even open until like 1pm or something so the mornings are boring as hell. 5 days is too short at Glasto but it would be too long at a lot of places (IOW at least have the sense to go fairly big on music on the Thursday).

Associate
Little Simz was the stand-out performer for me. Sigrid was another artist i enjoyed hearing, but her set back in 2019 had a bit more presence. probably because it was an outdoor set. Megan Thee Stallion wasn't bad, but the US' hiphop scene is now totally reliant on WAP-style shock lyrics. Kendrick Lamar's set, especially his shout out for women's rights in lieu of the overturning of Roe vs. Wade was good.
the amount of artists using their sets to show solidarity with women, and criticise the Supreme court's decision was THE high point for me

Soldato
New concert from Dylan - interesting that he has banned all phone use, like some theatre productions do,
not sure to what extent that is to prevent boot-legs, and leaks of the concert quality, versus ostensibly just remove the distraction of people waving their prosthetic.

Soldato
( annual reactivation )

Outlawed vapes at this years event - good on them, is that a precedent - or do football games and other outdoor concerts already impose it.

If it's like normal best audio quality will remain from BBC radio streams, rather than stream that accompanies iplayer/freeview video broadcast

Soldato
( annual reactivation )

Outlawed vapes at this years event - good on them, is that a precedent - or do football games and other outdoor concerts already impose it.

If it's like normal best audio quality will remain from BBC radio streams, rather than stream that accompanies iplayer/freeview video broadcast

They havent outlawed them I thought they are just asked people not to bring them as they will just drop them all over the place and they are terrible for the environment.

Although saying that they are on the same list as 'Knives'.

Last edited:
Soldato
Last Glastonbury that I thought was good was the one with the Cure&Killers still listen to the tape, regularly in the car - ok that seems to have been 2019;
Like lana del ray - the morisette angst type mold, we'll see how her style of song comes over in an outdoor concert.
(tape = captured stream )

e:
Although saying that they are on the same list as 'Knives'.
maybe the number of accelerated deaths from vaping is the same as knives

Last edited:
Soldato
They refused to reveal how much a few years ago, probably because so many public money is put into it, it's a huge festival with a large amount of Illumianti devil-worshipping performers, and a lot of the cash generated probably just goes to fuel their opulent, opiumed, hedonistic lifestyles. There's an insane amount of cash involved there, the whole thing is masterminded by an autocratic and likely crypto-fascist farmer who probably sells and breeds bionic sheep.

My first reaction was like "wow"

Then my second was...yea your probably right.

Caporegime
Loved Guns N' Roses back in the day, went to the Milton Keynes one back in 1992 I think. Doubt they will be as good as that day:cry:
Yeah his voice is gone really. It'll certainly be different.

Hopefully he won't come out late as Glasto has very strict licensing on the main stages and can't go on late.

Same with McCartney last year. I don't know what people were smoking who thought that was good. His performance in 2004 (still available to watch) was just so much better because he was in his early 60's, not 80.

Associate
Yeah his voice is gone really. It'll certainly be different.

Hopefully he won't come out late as Glasto has very strict licensing on the main stages and can't go on late.

Same with McCartney last year. I don't know what people were smoking who thought that was good. His performance in 2004 (still available to watch) was just so much better because he was in his early 60's, not 80.
Yes was waiting about 2 hours for them to come on at MK. Cult had just played and the wait was terrible.

Caporegime
Sparks :p
Goldfrapp
Chemical Brothers
MSP
Sophie Eilis Baxter .....

Sounds like a Glasto that Magnolia would like.

Yeah that is extremely low turnout on the bands list for me anyway.....

Back
Top Bottom