Gobsmacked about the Philips Fidelio X1

Associate
How do these fair plugged into an Ipad (4th) without amplification? Im looking for some phones to replace Senn H215's for everyday listening.

Gangster
Associate
OP
I did not expect to get this much response from my thread, I think philips need to send me a check or another pair of X1's :D

Most likely this will be the best headpones made by them, as they have now been taken over by another company. Get it while you can boys!

Soldato
Isn't that just a dac? ^

I'm not using one right now. Going to pick up a portable one soon though as I'll need it on the train. Something like the FiiO E17 or E18 :)

Associate
Just pulled the trigger on these and the S-Flex cable, should arrive Wednesday.

Hoping for a nice upgrade over my HD555s.

Will be pairing with a D2X for now may go amp/dac later.

w00t can't wait :D

Associate
I don't usually think of audio when thinking of Phillips but these do look like some juicy headphones! tbh best sennheisers I used was the hd600, I regard them better than the hd650, don't have them anymore though, use sennheiser hd 449 daily & ah-d7000s :)
the x1 is making me want to buy them.. im going to keep an eye on the price, they look very good!

where did you get that stand from btw?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
V Moda arrived.

av_fidelio_vmoda.jpg

Colour me pleased. The 3m Fisual will be used when I need to work on other things far away from the DAC and this for everything else.

It's not as flexible as the Fisual cable but I can see it outlasting it over the years as everything feels tank like.

Soldato
Just sent back my Denon AH-D1100 (great sound and comfort, awful build quality) and looking for a replacement. I'm not an audiophile by any means but the way people talk about the X1's they are difficult to ignore.

My father has a pair of Senn 555 (with the foam pad removed) and while they have good clarity (don't know if that's the right term) I'm happy to sacrifice it for the deeper bass and punch (?) of the Denons. From the reviews the X1 have both that openness/clarity and bass.

The CAL2 are also getting a lot of attention. Closed backs so should be more capable of producing that thumping bass I like (and cheaper). Are the X1's really that good?

In no rush to buy, willing to wait for a price drop.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
The X1 delivers the bass of a good closed back headphone while being an open headphone - Make of that what you will but really you need to hear a pair to really appreciate what everyone is going on about on the net :p

Back
Top Bottom