1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

God of War 4

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by opethdisciple, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Rifte

Mobster

Probably completely irrelevant for this forum. Most of us are bagging a PC AND a PS4.

And the hype train is real for this. Every GOW has been epic IMO and the PSP versions (although not available on console) were pretty good as well.

2. Buddy

Wise Guy

Hope this is more TLOU than Uncharted.

Whilst Uncharted graphics and story were good it was basically a game on rails , you could complete 95% of the game pressing up and X. The combat wasn't really all that good either.

3. iv-tecman

Sgarrista

This is not a cheap game, everywhere is near on £50 - not a cheap game at all. I love GOW and I am not keen on buying games at launch anymore - but this is one game I must play lol

4. DAIR

Sgarrista

Have to agree. Im not keen on buying games at launch either. I do make the odd exception though (DBZ, UFC 3, TLoU). I still havent purchased Horizon Dawn yet!

5. iv-tecman

Sgarrista

CDKEYS.com £50 for £45.99 - Digital is £52, so makes the game digital pre order around £48 - about on par with most places, still expensive. But very tempted.

6. Rifte

Mobster

I managed to preorder a copy of this Amazon India for about 40 quid.

Downside is I wont get it release day, probably 2 or 3 days later.

7. nicktay2605

Mobster

Shopto.net has it for £44.86.

8. kinger8938

Sgarrista

Smyths had it up for 40.99 as you get £5 off when you pre-order but I don't trust them getting it to me on time :(

9. antijoke

Caporegime

Time will tell, but just because it's got amazing reviews doesn't mean the general population will love it (see GTA IV).

10. iv-tecman

Sgarrista

Just looked and it says £3 ?

I've just got £50 PSN vouchers for £45.99 + 5% off at CDKEYS.com makes it £43. Its £52 on PSN - so I've got it digitally for £45 as I rarely trade games in, and its 100% for sure on launch day via PSN - with pre load , in fact CDKEYS.com had 12 months PS+ for £39.99 and I got 5% off that as well, making that the cheapest PS+ 12 months sub at something like 30% off, so I'm feeling a little happier to pay £52 for GOW now, as I think I've got a better deal then buying directly from PSN by using CDKEYS.com vouchers and 5% facebook like discount.

11. kinger8938

Sgarrista

Ahh ok it seems Smyths have changed the offer, I imagine they sold loads as it was.

That's a good deal you ended up with really :)

12. hyperseven

Soldato

Had some money left in my USA account so gave in and preordered ($60). ACG said it was good and I like his reviews.

13. Rifte

Mobster

True, but over the six GOW games I have played to death, they have not yet failed to hit it out of the ballpark.

I believe....

14. antijoke

Caporegime

Has everyone here played the first three games?

I’ve never played one and all this hype makes me want to try the series out and by the time I’m finished this should be cheap.

15. Plainsong

Soldato

I played some of 3 (twice) but got bored very quickly. Glad they've moved on.

16. Rifte

Mobster

Played all of them through, and the HD remasters (apart from GOW 2, couldnt bring myself to finish the remaster of that after having pushed through it on my Ps2 back in the day).

The series list for me, best to worst *and they are all damn good*

1)GOW 3
    2)GOW
    3)GOW Ascension
    4)GOW 2
    5)GOW Ghost of Sparta
    6)GOW Chains of Olympus

GOW 3 is a thing of beauty, it just goes from one epic scene to another and never really slows down. The PS4 remaster of it is great as well (the Ps3 version was beautiful in its own right).

17. kinger8938

Sgarrista

Yea God of war 3 was the best for me. Watched a "best bosses from the God of War series" video the other day and most of them, including the top ones were all from GoW3 :)

18. Xire

Mobster

Originally wasnt going to pick this up but got a discount code come through for Very.co.uk. Couldn't really pass it up especially with how good the reviews have been.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  19. iv-tecman

Sgarrista

I've played all the GOW games and for me it must be -

GOW 3
    GOW
    GOW 2
    GOW Ascension
    GOW Ghost of Sparta
    GOW Chains of Olympus

However they are all damn good games, but GOW 3 was a whole new level back when I played it, even the remaster on PS4 is damn good.

Looking forward to God of War PS4 - this should be good considering I love the series.

20. Amatsubu

Mobster

I'm contemplating getting 3 Remastered if it goes on sale, it was epic when I played it on PS3. Will hold off on this one, too many games to finish and I don't mind waiting for a price drop.