Godzilla vs. Kong

Soldato
Don't know how true it is as I read it on the internet, but the gist of the story is.
Apparently Godzilla is being manipulated/controlled into causing havoc, Kong slaps him about and knocks him to his senses. Mechagodzilla is unleashed to finish the chaos and Godzilla and Kong team up to fight it.

If you have a keen eye in the trailer there is a bit where a load of people are running down a street and in the background it looks like a big metallic head is coming into view amongst the skyscrapers, also there is a scene where someone is standing in front of a screen with something that is saying Charging blah blah and it looks like the technical drawing of yep, Mechagodzilla :eek:

Soldato
It looks absolutely terrible - I can't wait :D

It looks absolutely terrible - I can't wait hahah thinkin that same :D

Hell yes! Let them fight!......(and then team up cos Destroyah is coming)

Absolutely - enjoyed watching the previous 3 films with the kids, so this will be a must see.

I'm with you all on this so really looking forward to it :D:D.

Don't know how true it is as I read it on the internet, but the gist of the story is

It's not even in need of a spoiler, the toy line has been showcased for a while and this includes the titans in the film along with various plot box art.

Soldato
Is it me or was big monster type things scarier when used as stop animations in old films like sinbad/jason ones like the titan and cyclops types?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha05Yub2nK4

Glad I'm not alone in thinking that.
Maybe the stop start made them feel more monster in human like
Modern monsters all act the same and I get fed up of the monster is going to roar in you face before deciding it's going to try and kill you or just roar before it does anything, because that's what real life predators do, you know scare the prey and warn them.

Think that's why Alien was more scary than any new monster crap as it was just silent and efficient.

Soldato
It looks absolutely terrible - I can't wait :D

180,000 tons of monster brawling on top of a 100,000 ton aircraft carrier and the ship doesn't even sit a tiny bit lower in the water than normal, I love that sort of FU to physics :D
can't speak to where you got his weight from but the trailer clearly shows the ship moving/reacting, you can see it dip when he punches the deck when he's looking down into the water and it's pitching when they fight.

Soldato
can't speak to where you got his weight from but the trailer clearly shows the ship moving/reacting, you can see it dip when he punches the deck when he's looking down into the water and it's pitching when they fight.

From the director of the first film and the Wiki entry - "In the American film Godzilla (2014) from Legendary Pictures, Godzilla was scaled to be 108.2 m (355 ft) and weighing 90,000 metric tons (99,000 short tons), making it the largest film version at that time as Director Gareth Edwards wanted Godzilla "to be so big as to be seen from anywhere in the city, but not too big that he couldn't be obscured"

So if Godilla is 90,0000 tons, Kong will be similar so call it 180k tons combined. With that weight on top of a Nimitz class Carrier (100k tons) it would sink so far into the water that the level would be close to deck if not completely sunken - but it's a Godzilla film so who cares about reality, physics and all that mumbo jumbo, lets just sit back and watch these two monsters smash each other up, thats what I plan to do :D

Soldato
From the director of the first film and the Wiki entry - "In the American film Godzilla (2014) from Legendary Pictures, Godzilla was scaled to be 108.2 m (355 ft) and weighing 90,000 metric tons (99,000 short tons), making it the largest film version at that time as Director Gareth Edwards wanted Godzilla "to be so big as to be seen from anywhere in the city, but not too big that he couldn't be obscured"

So if Godilla is 90,0000 tons, Kong will be similar so call it 180k tons combined. With that weight on top of a Nimitz class Carrier (100k tons) it would sink so far into the water that the level would be close to deck if not completely sunken - but it's a Godzilla film so who cares about reality, physics and all that mumbo jumbo, lets just sit back and watch these two monsters smash each other up, thats what I plan to do :D
cool, lol. it's probably/possibly not a Nimitz though, will be an uber film creation. i notice there's some kinda spaceshippy-looking flying thing behind Kong at the handprint scene so all the vehicle/tech could be anything at all w/ no basis in reality - let's face it, if the rumours about them being able to build a mechano Godzilla are true, knocking up a bigger aircraft carrier is child's play!

Back
Top Bottom