Good Cheap Server - HP Proliant Microserver 4 BAY - OWNERS THREAD

Soldato
Powerline (unless it's gigabit kit) is usually equipped with 10/100 ports, even the 500-600Mbit kits. 100mbit less overheads isn't going to give you much more than 12MB/s. Personally I'd go with a cable if at all possible, if not then gigabit powerline, wifi would be my last resort.

I'm using 1200Mbit Gigabit powerline adapters.

I just did some testing - Used a spare AC750 router as a repeater and connected the server to that via a cable. Kind of emulating the setup if it had it's own wireless network adapter. Got 8-9MB/s across the lan.

I must have shoddy electrics in the house :)

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

There was a driver issue with 2012r2, cant remember the exact details now as its been a while but the server would lose connectivity, something to do with the LAN drivers, there was a fix in the form of drivers direct from the chipset manuf iirc...
It was a firmware issue. As long as you're running the current firmware, you shouldn't have the NIC problem.

Associate
Oh dear... no deciated iLo port on the Gen10 it seems. Or at least not mentioned on the datasheet available on the HPE site.

Bit of a no go for us, as we've hundreds of the things in remote locations, and having dedicated iLo is literally a lifesaver for them.

Soldato
Also looks like its not Zen based either but rather Bristol Ridge based...

It just gets worse and worse, people wont buy it, HP will look at it as a no use sector and pull out entirely..

Glad I didnt wait now and built my own server rather than wait for that...

Soldato
No iLO, not sure if there will be a dedicated iLO card.

And the market isn't really aimed at home-users, it's more for SME's, as the prices i've just seen are quite on the high side.

Back
Top Bottom