Goodwood Festival of Speed 2022 / 2023 / 2024

What a run that was. Almost didn't look real as it's so small! Dirt it was kicking up from the fan was mad. Not sure if it's eligible or capable of making its way up pikes peak, but would love them to be able to take another record from vw after the amount of money they spent on that thing.

Given that the F1 cars were banned from doing competitive times after Heidfeld did a 41.6 in 1999 in the MP4-13, and they've now gone 2.5 seconds faster than that...

Is it time to ban electric vehicles from doing competitive times, or allow modern F1 back in again?

Given that the F1 cars were banned from doing competitive times after Heidfeld did a 41.6 in 1999 in the MP4-13, and they've now gone 2.5 seconds faster than that...

Is it time to ban electric vehicles from doing competitive times, or allow modern F1 back in again?

I’d imagine it would be very difficult to do a good time in a modern F1 car due to their length and width. The 911 RSR looked massive on the track.

I like this logic

I’d imagine it would be very difficult to do a good time in a modern F1 car due to their length and width. The 911 RSR looked massive on the track.
They sent the Supervan 4 up the hill, and that's wider than a 2019 F1 car. Which is the latest they'd be allowed to use anyway. Bit shorter though.

Interestingly, 911 RSR is wider than an F1 car too. Longer than the E-transit the Supervan is based on as well. Although they quote the RSR length without splitter, wing or diffuser... Seems a bit of a chonk.

Last edited:
I mean...they did those earlier runs in the weekend and it was searingly quick. And you think 'oh yeah, the record is in danger'. But by that much???

Hot damn.

It was either the first or second time it went up where the camera guys had real problems keeping up with it. :D Every subsequent run was better as they'd got their eye in/zoomed out a bit. LOL

Back
Top Bottom