Goodwood Festival of Speed 2022 / 2023 / 2024

You could easily drive that thing across London, at legal speeds anyway.

EVs are great for stop-start traffic and that thing has a decent sized battery (60kW) which is comparable to a Nissan Leaf.

Not sure how they charge it mind you as I haven't seen photos of the connection but I'd pay to see it at a public charger :D

Attended the festival on Saturday - so great to see such a variety of motors and EVs. It was my first time going and will definitely go again next year

"You can drive through London"...... What he forgot to mention was how many times you'll need to charge it from one side of London to the other :D

It has a 60kWh battery, a small frontal area and only weighs around a tonne, so is going to be efficient. Assuming it only manages 4miles/kWh that's still a range of 240 miles. Its WLTP range is actually 350 miles, so I don't think crossing London is going to be a problem.

.... and don't take it to the 'ring

Mind you, they said it's going round Silverstone next weekend, I hope they get a clear track so can put in a proper timed lap.

The ID.R managed to lap the ring in 6 minutes and that only has a 45kWh battery and is also heavier. So ring laps won't be a problem either.

Biggest issue with trying to drive the McMurtry though London is going to be the ride quality. That thing needs to be incredibly stiffly sprung to cope with the downforce which I suspect will make it virtually unusable on the public roads.

Biggest issue with trying to drive the McMurtry though London is going to be the ride quality. That thing needs to be incredibly stiffly sprung to cope with the downforce which I suspect will make it virtually unusable on the public roads.

Would you need to run the fan and track based suspension all the time, I would imagine they can disable and soften it up for road use.

At Salon Prive last year this was driving around on the relatively smooth, flat tarmac access roads around Blenheim Palace and was scraping along the floor. Crowned roads? No chance.

It does have active ride height control. I would suspect for road use they would just up the ride height.

What a run that was. Almost didn't look real as it's so small! Dirt it was kicking up from the fan was mad. Not sure if it's eligible or capable of making its way up pikes peak, but would love them to be able to take another record from vw after the amount of money they spent on that thing.

I've watched some other videos about the car rather than about the car's performance and it looks even smaller when you see people next to it. The driver is halfway to lying down in it, despite the bubble cockpit. If F1 engineers unconstrained by F1 rules designed a go-kart for Batman, they might well come up with this.

Anyone watching live stream today 2023? Nice to have on in the background. Some lovely interviews and machinery. Just youtube it and you can find the live stream. :)

Not sure why they had Elfyn Evans Yaris WRC suspension set up for gravel on his hill run? They should have changed it back and forth if he was doing the rally stage too. It was pitching and rolling like a boat.

Not sure why they had Elfyn Evans Yaris WRC suspension set up for gravel on his hill run? They should have changed it back and forth if he was doing the rally stage too. It was pitching and rolling like a boat.

They'll regularly do runs on the hill and rally stage back and forward through the day, it'd be a huge amount of hassle to switch whole suspension setups multiple times a day... If they were going for times sure but pretty sure he's just running for the lols so why bother?

Back
Top Bottom