Goodwood Festival of Speed 2022 / 2023 / 2024

I think it’s a fantastic event and gets bigger each year. For me the Members Meeting is more my thing. Smaller and love the saloon car races there.

It’s also amazing how international Goodwood has become with loads of Germans, Dutch and French all in their tweeds which shows we won the war init :cry:

There’s been a strong contingent of Germans for many, many years.

But the Revival, like the Festival of Speed, is maybe getting too big.

Anyway, it’s slated to be another rainy day which should make for some interesting races. And thank you very much Southern for not running any early trains so I won’t get there until 10:00.

My dad still lives there (about half a mile from the circuit). He gets free tickets and can let out his “mini cottage” for a decent sum. I think he gets repeat business from Americans for the cars and UK owners for the horses. As a kid I spent many a cold/wet weekend watching the club sprint racing that used to take place there in the 1980s so I’ve done my time. No way I could put up with the traffic as a day tripper though!

It poured this morning but it's blazing sunshine right now. My umbrella served as a parasol.

The current race - Glover trophy - has been red flagged for oil on the track. I saw both spins from Lavant.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom