Google-Motorola "X Phone" in the 2013 pipeline?

I like that they seem to be targeting the 4.3" screen size market. Many many people want top spec at that sort of size.

Far too early to see how good it will be though, we will know nothing till reviews start popping up.

Why can't they just release a more up to date, bigger version of the Razr they released before? That was the best looking phone they released by an absolute mile IMO.

If they brought out a renewed version of that with a 4.7" screen and updated hardware, I'd buy it instantly.

Why can't they just release a more up to date, bigger version of the Razr they released before? That was the best looking phone they released by an absolute mile IMO.

If they brought out a renewed version of that with a 4.7" screen and updated hardware, I'd buy it instantly.

Do you mean the razr maxx hd that I have? As that is 4.7

Do you mean the razr maxx hd that I have? As that is 4.7

No, the first "new" Razr they brought out. The XT910 I think it was. That shape was the most awesome thing I have ever held.

Shame they ruined it by putting the worlds worst battery in it. I had 3 of them, and all 3 had dreadful battery life.

720p is so 2010. :p

Yeah it is pretty dated :p but if the screen size is true, then 720P should be pretty damn sharp especially if it has a non-pentile sub pixel arrangement.

I find it very hard to notice the difference between the n4, one X and the HTC one in terms of sharpness, main area where it is noticeable is browsing when zoomed out.

As long as the screen:

- has great calibration i.e. for SAMOLED; calibrated as good as the GS 4 and one S and for LCD; as good as the htc one, one X
- bright!
- great viewing angles
- a wee bit vibrant
- great in sunshine
- as sharp as the one X, nexus 4

I'll be more than happy with the screen then.

I really just hope the camera is great as that (and price) will be the deal breaker for me!

FWIW this isn't the 'X Phone' flagship model, that isn't due out until October or so.

I think there is definitely a gap in the mid-range for Android right now - if it's $300-$350, near enough stock Android etc then I can definitely see the appeal especially if they stick a 2,000+mAh battery in there too - basically an upgraded Razr M which I happen to think is a pretty neat phone. I doubt it'll hold much appeal for everyone on here who prefer the flagship models but there's a massive market out there for the mid-range specs, look at all those iPhone users :trollface:

Shame they ruined it by putting the worlds worst battery in it. I had 3 of them, and all 3 had dreadful battery life.
Tbf they did fix that it's called the Razr Maxx :p

Also I hope they make the X Phone a brand, that way I can't wait to get the larger, high battery variant called the Verizon Wireless Motorola Droid X Phone Plus Maxx :p

Last edited:
FWIW this isn't the 'X Phone' flagship model, that isn't due out until October or so.

I think there is definitely a gap in the mid-range for Android right now - if it's $300-$350, near enough stock Android etc then I can definitely see the appeal especially if they stick a 2,000+mAh battery in there too - basically an upgraded Razr M which I happen to think is a pretty neat phone. I doubt it'll hold much appeal for everyone on here who prefer the flagship models but there's a massive market out there for the mid-range specs, look at all those iPhone users :trollface:

Tbf they did fix that it's called the Razr Maxx :p

After having this maxx I won't ever have a small battery phone again

First Moto X ad campaign

The first smartphone that you can design yourself. Because today you should have the freedom to design the things in your life to be as unique as you are.

So what do we think this could possibly mean? Clearly the Moto X phone is aiming to do something completely different to any other smartphone out there in terms of customisability. But what exactly does it mean?!

The first ad probably means we should find out fairly soon. I'm pretty excited by this phone and very interested to see what Motoogle have been upto.

edit:
^beaten. :(

Judging by the ad the phone will be called the "X1" the dude is clearly making an X shape and the chick a 1 shape! Hopefully that means this X range will have a cohesive naming strategy something plenty of companies have failed big time with.

I don't think it will just be a bunch of custom cases... all phones have custom cases. Unless you mean a bunch of custom hardware cases which I suppose is possible.

i suspect, custom shells, pictures inbeded in the back like barclays bank do, choice of colours and designs ect ect

i doubt we will see the choice of cpu's as they will be compared and one make praised and the other slatted, not sure any of the main players would want to do that

As others have mentioned I don't think they will offer customisation of stuff like CPU or internals.

But I was wondering whether they may offer a variety of screen sizes all under the same phone brand. This saves splitting your brand like Samsung do with phones like the Note, Galaxy Mini and HTC with the One S. What if the X1 had options for 4.3" 4.7" and 5" all with the same design and feel?

Or perhaps they can do stuff like have a slide out qwerty keyboard option?

Possibly a choice of hardware or software navigation keys?

But I was wondering whether they may offer a variety of screen sizes all under the same phone brand. This saves splitting your brand like Samsung do with phones like the Note, Galaxy Mini and HTC with the One S. What if the X1 had options for 4.3" 4.7" and 5" all with the same design and feel?

Or perhaps they can do stuff like have a slide out qwerty keyboard option?

Possibly a choice of hardware or software navigation keys?

Stop, you're making my imagination go crazy :(.

If the X does end up something like this however, I can see it becoming popular... as long as it's marketed right.

Back
Top Bottom