Google-Motorola "X Phone" in the 2013 pipeline?

Soldato
Haha you gotta enjoy all the hate going around for LG..."The poor distant smelly cousin of Samsung!"

As a matter of interest what model is that kona?

Should be interesting what LGs response is to the Note 3 in regards to the Pro 2 though.

Caporegime
how many backs has jimlad been through? :D

:D

Maybe, the similar spec 16GB N4 is £280 though and I can't see them going much lower than that.

The price could change in the last minute but for now, supposedly the price will be less than the nexus 4 8GB....... ;)

I don't mind LG.................. as long as google support their devices! :p :D

Saying that, their hardware is excellent and the software is actually pretty damn good.

Soldato
:D:D

That's the new Optimus G2 -

QyWwhcS.jpg.png

QEehTVD.jpg.png

Not exciting - at all :D

Thanks Mate. I saw a YouTube video the other day MKBHD was reviewing the original Optimus G and it looked quite impressive. I particularly liked the way the home button flashed as a notification light.

Maybe LG are turning things around? There's a lot of buzz surrounding the Optimus G2 at the moment.

Soldato
LG will never become big IMO, they never have a unique feature and their software support is poor, bring out way too many models.

They need to bring out 3 (top end high specs) size of phones (1per segment) and just support them.

4inch
5inch
5.7inch

Soldato
The buttons on the back are pretty unique!

True, but probably uniquely useless :p

Samsung have SAMOLED and great cameras, some great TW features
HTC have good design, innovative camera, great speakers, good software
Sony have stylish design, waterproofing.

And then there's LG - they have buttons beneath the camera - Woohoo!

:p

If the G2 had capacitive buttons beneath the screen and no logo it would have looked nicer.

Caporegime
So this is pretty much definitely going to be 4.5 inches? Seems that way. Poo!

Think I'll keep my maxx hd. Glad I didn't wait with my nexus!

Caporegime
Caporegime
Not high end decent though.

Any idea when the next high end Google or Motorola phone will be outed?

nexus 5 should be roughly 12 months after the nexus 4 you would think, which means only a few months away now.

tbh the nexus 4 does everything right apart from the camera and signal issues on both wi-fi and calling. the latter being not a huge problem as it only happens sometimes. the camera is terrible though sometimes, i regularly have to take several pics then pick the best one as some come out really out of focus.

Caporegime
Not high end decent though.

Any idea when the next high end Google or Motorola phone will be outed?

True (although I think it looks much better i.e. higher quality the one Eric is holding, supposedly you will be able to custimise the type of material on the back too) but if the supposed price (either cheaper than the N4 8GB or roughly the same price) and hardware specs (720P 4.3-4.6" screen [most likely SAMOLED], 2GB RAM, high end dual or quad chipset and most likely a big battery) are true then you can't really complain! They have to cut corners somewhere in order to be able to pull that price to hardware spec. of :p

AFAIK this is it for motorola as well as their new droid phones but they are USA only (just like the X will most likely be, the rest of the world will probably get a slightly different version of the X and it possibly won't be one that you can customise the casing etc. of either :()

Nexus 5 won't be available till around November/December time if we follow the last 2-3 years for nexus phones.

Last edited:
Associate
AFAIK this is it for motorola as well as their new droid phones but they are USA only (just like the X will most likely be, the rest of the world will probably get a slightly different version of the X and it possibly won't be one that you can customise the casing etc. of either :()

The Droids being a Verizon phone then fair enough but then in the UK we'll get a lesser version of the X and probably months later seems about par for the course for Motorola :mad: Nothing of the specs that have been leaked make me want to dump my Razr HD currently. Maybe 2gb of ram would be nice but the little Home Screen lags that occasionally show their hand disappear when Nova launcher is used. The little leaks from Motorola make me think just release the specs already as you plainly know what they are. I'm not convinced Motorola are building your HTC One S replacement, Nexus :rolleyes:

Razr HD isn't a very fashionable phone here in the UK but personally I've been really pleased with it. Unlike the Razr i, Flash works as does CatchUp TV and others. I've no doubt it's not as fast as the current top of the range phones but in real world use doubt it's hardly noticable? Not even bothered about choosing the back of my phone as I'm one (of the few?) who likes the kevlar back :D It does afford a little extra grip and looks nice enough IMO.

Apart from the Google Play Store which will be a way in to the UK market I can't see most retailers being right bothered about stocking any Motorola X phone either? If the quoted price is right then maybe corners will have been cut though any effort to pull the price of phones down has to be applauded :cool: We'll probably know soon enough Nexus?

Associate
Might consider picking one up but tbh since sorting my xperia z out with a decent rom I'm pretty happy with it and don't think I want to swap for the sake of it.

Either way would be great if it is a nexus phone with straight updates and it will certainly be interesting what Google come up with re: the next nexus vs this.

Caporegime
The Droids being a Verizon phone then fair enough but then in the UK we'll get a lesser version of the X and probably months later seems about par for the course for Motorola :mad: Nothing of the specs that have been leaked make me want to dump my Razr HD currently. Maybe 2gb of ram would be nice but the little Home Screen lags that occasionally show their hand disappear when Nova launcher is used. The little leaks from Motorola make me think just release the specs already as you plainly know what they are. I'm not convinced Motorola are building your HTC One S replacement, Nexus :rolleyes:

Razr HD isn't a very fashionable phone here in the UK but personally I've been really pleased with it. Unlike the Razr i, Flash works as does CatchUp TV and others. I've no doubt it's not as fast as the current top of the range phones but in real world use doubt it's hardly noticable? Not even bothered about choosing the back of my phone as I'm one (of the few?) who likes the kevlar back :D It does afford a little extra grip and looks nice enough IMO.

Apart from the Google Play Store which will be a way in to the UK market I can't see most retailers being right bothered about stocking any Motorola X phone either? If the quoted price is right then maybe corners will have been cut though any effort to pull the price of phones down has to be applauded :cool: We'll probably know soon enough Nexus?

Indeed, chances of that happening are very high! And plus the moto x is still probably a month or two away (recent leak by verizon shows near the end of August iirc) so if moto do take an extra few months for the rest of the world then you might as well just wait for the next lot of flagships :p :rolleyes:

I really want to get rid of the one s, not because of the phone itself but because of HTC and their decision to not provide any more updates including sense V5 :mad: If HTC had been providing the sense V5 update then I probably would have held out till next year assuming the moto and future devices don't provide enough of an upgrade overall for a decent price. The deal breaker for me is going to be the price and camera, I am now expecting this device to have pretty damn good support due to the circumstances.

Not used a razr hd myself but from videos and comments on it, it seems like a very quick and smooth handset and I doubt you would notice much, if any difference between it and the current flagships, I didn't notice much difference between my s and them (main difference was multi-tasking i.e. less apps reloading but that is to be expected given 1 VS 2GB of RAM), especially compared to the gs 4! :p That has been the worse android device (tried a number of them out) for performance in the last 2 years from my usage (at least for a high end flagship device), even worse than the one x when it was first released :p At least that was when it was running the older firmware, it has been fixed/improved now but some still say it isn't good as compared to other flagship devices, still have yet to try one out that is running the very latest update.

My only dislike about razr hd is the camera overall and still not overly fussed on the design, the materials etc. are really nice.

Personally I don't care about the engraving, custom case colour stuff either but if you can choose what type of back you have i.e. kevlar, ceramic etc. then I like that very much! :D But as said, I am not getting my hopes up for this as it will probably only be for the X USA version.

If the supposed cheap price and hardware specs. are right then I can see networks buying plenty of stock and then charging at their premium price i.e. like they did with the nexus 4. It is hard to say how this phone will do sales/popularity wise, the hype has most definitely been there but it will all come down to how well moto/google and the networks market/"sell" the device, going to take a lot to pull the spot light from Samsung's galaxy s4 etc.

Hopefully, I say within about 3 weeks, we will know for definite.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom