Google Pixel 5

Soldato
I always have to manually check to get mine but yeah came through Monday as expected.

Battery life has definitely improved - lost only 1% overnight two nights on the trot- used to be 4-5%

Soldato
Anyone got the magic eraser working and the photos app updating ?

I followed a guide and installed the pixel 6 photos APK which worked fine with magic eraser,...but then the photos app update became available and it removed it. In my head I was hoping the feature would remain but I guess not??

It's so annoying, I love the phone but it doesn't work more often than it does and it's pushing me towards getting rid.
Do you have a case? When mine is in case, it's less accurate.

But it's the same what people have said before with every finger print reader on rear. When they get a new phone, they say how accurate the reader is, then after 2 years, they say how poor it is. Something causes them to be less reliable (prob dirt) but I can see why manufacturers have moved away from rear ones. Screen finger print readers are clearly better for this at least.

Soldato
Do you have a case? When mine is in case, it's less accurate.

But it's the same what people have said before with every finger print reader on rear. When they get a new phone, they say how accurate the reader is, then after 2 years, they say how poor it is. Something causes them to be less reliable (prob dirt) but I can see why manufacturers have moved away from rear ones. Screen finger print readers are clearly better for this at least.
No case, I've had a few of the Nexus and Pixel phones with rear fingerprint scanners and have never had an issue before.

Back
Top Bottom