Google Pixel 5

Soldato
I picked up a Pixel 5 in the Vodafone mixup too for £317. I got a Spigen Rugged Armor case and Tauri screen protector for mine, happy with both.

Soldato
Hi Guys, looking for a bit of help. My wife isnt hugely tech savvy but has got a Pixel 5 as a recent upgrade. All going well until today when she was going to send a phot to a pal and found that she had the photos she took today and then nothing between yesterday and 23rd June! All the ones in between seen to have disappeared. She absolutely hasn't deleted them and it seems completely random. Has anyone experienced the same thing or is there another way to search the phone for them other than checking the photos app and navigating to the DCIM folder? Im not used to the phone so have struggled to be of much help. Maybe there is some random back up thing going on but I wouldnt know where to start to check.

Which app did she use to take the photos?

Which exact app is she using to view the photos?

And which exact app is she using to send the photos that aren't then showing them?

Sounds to me like she's not unlocked her phone, but used the camera quick short cut from the lockscreen to take a photo, and then send it.

In this situation, only the photos just taken would be viewable

Soldato
Which app did she use to take the photos?

Which exact app is she using to view the photos?

And which exact app is she using to send the photos that aren't then showing them?

Sounds to me like she's not unlocked her phone, but used the camera quick short cut from the lockscreen to take a photo, and then send it.

In this situation, only the photos just taken would be viewable

She is in the google photo viewer app where all the other photos prior to the 23rd June seem to be.

Its not the app she is using to send the photos thats the problem (WhatsApp), the photos for the period 23June to today just seem to have disappeared from the phone completely!

Maybe try downloading something like simple gallery. From that app, you can select the options to view hidden images/folders.

If they are on your phone they will be shown some where there.

Else I can only assume a random corruption of the files if she definitely hasn't accidentally deleted them.

You might be worth looking for a recycle bin style folder withing either gallery app to see if they have gone there.

Was she definitely taking the photos with the main camera and not a different apps camera?

Soldato
Anything deleted as it's backed up to Photos would still show in Photos, so I doubt it's that, unless she uses a 3rd party app for backups?

She doesn't have a work profile on the phone, or something similar? Different User accounts maybe? Log in as the wrong one and you wont see what was taken in the other account...

Soldato
Is Google Photos set to back up photos? What do you see when you browse to Google Photos on a PC or laptop?

Next to nothing, she stopped it backing up to the cloud because she thought the photos were being backed up there automatically and she was being prompted to buy more storage, she was going to look at different cloud options before deciding.

For some reason I dont think the photos are deleted but I dont really know why. There isnt anything absolutely essential gone (although a few holiday photos that she is angry about) but we need to know if this is going to be an ongoing problem going forward.

Associate
Hi everyone the last few days its been hot in uk, my pixel 5 gets really hot even to hold i have the accu battery app installed and yesterday it was showing a temperature of 40 Celsius when i was using it and a 31 celsius when not using, the issue is that even before the hot weather it was getting warmer faster anyway , i have reset the phone , uninstalled apps, changed location setting so far to see if it gets any better, just to give a example pixel 4 got warm but never hot to hold and same goes for iphone 12 and iphone 10 . Has anyone else had any overheating issues? thanks

Soldato
she stopped it backing up to the cloud because she thought the photos were being backed up there automatically

I don't really get this... "she stopped it backing up automatically because she thought it was backing up automatically"? Well, it was, until she stopped it :cry: (maybe around 23rd June?)

Did you say they can be found using a file explorer? If not, I'm thinking they aren't there, they are deleted. I would then be wondering if she has installed some for of 'cleaning' app, that removes things for you. You normally have to agree, but maybe if it just lists lots of file names, you don't realise?

Can the earlier photos (pre 23rd June) be found with a file explorer? I expect not and the ones being seen in Google Photos are the ones stored in the cloud?

Soldato
Hi everyone the last few days its been hot in uk, my pixel 5 gets really hot even to hold i have the accu battery app installed and yesterday it was showing a temperature of 40 Celsius when i was using it and a 31 celsius when not using, the issue is that even before the hot weather it was getting warmer faster anyway , i have reset the phone , uninstalled apps, changed location setting so far to see if it gets any better, just to give a example pixel 4 got warm but never hot to hold and same goes for iphone 12 and iphone 10 . Has anyone else had any overheating issues? thanks

If you go into Settings -> Battery -> Battery Usage, what apps show at the top and what are their percentages? (Do this as long after charging as possible, like the end of the day)

Back
Top Bottom