1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Google Pixel 6

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Tablets' started by BMox81, 14 May 2021.

1. xb8browney

Soldato

Cheers.

2. Richie

Sgarrista

I can confirm this as well... I had it activated but when a call came through and I hit call screening it just wouldn't work properly. I would just get a grey screen with the hang up and answer buttons on the bottom left but they wouldn't work and there was no call screening message being played.

I then tried it when connected to Wi-Fi and again the grey screen came up with the same icons in the bottom left and then waiting a few seconds later, with the call still connected, the call screening dictation started to work.

After that, call screening would work almost instantly even on 4G without the need for Wi-Fi.

So yeah you need to be connected to Wi-Fi for the very first time that you select call screening on a call coming through.

Edit: What's really cool is I have just written this entire post with very minor corrections using the voice dictation on my Pixel 6 :D:D

3. grudas

Capodecina

Wonder how the finger print sensor performs after update. I got used to it but it's still flaky.

4. Dirk Diggler

Capodecina

I'll keep them, I managed to pair them eventually and they really are ideal for traveling. I'm pleased overall but I would be gutted if I'd paid MSRP for them.

5. Hasnath

Associate

5g is beginning to **** me off, low 5g signal and no mobile data are bugging me. How do you make 4g the preferred speed?

6. grudas

Capodecina

4g is no better for me..

7. Simps

Wise Guy

My 4G drops out whilst looking on Chrome and also the last few days fitbit would not sync with my versa watch. I tried turned bluetooth off an on again and it didn't work. What did work was turning airplane mode on and off and that works for resetting my 4g also.
    Hope that it gets fixed with the update.

8. Orcvader

Capodecina

Dial *#*#4636#*#* which will bring up a secret menu, go to Phone information and under "Set preferred network type" to LTE/TDSCDMA/GSM/WCDMA. Default is NR/LTE/GSM/WCDMA if you want to change back.

9. Hasnath

Associate

Cool, I'll see how this goes after a days use.

10. _Jimlad_

Capodecina

This is the 5g issue my mate has, apparently if he loses 5g it just does not find a 4g or 3g network and sits there with no signal.

11. dragonslayer

Hitman

The live translate of text messages is so good and decided to try last night with a friend and was able to have an entire conversation with both of us fully understanding what they were saying even though and it speak and ounce of their language

12. hyperfighting

Gangster

An impressive list of fixes by google for the Pixel range of phones.

https://9to5google.com/2021/12/06/pixel-6-december-update/

Personally, I am moving back to my Apple device as my daily driver. Have been using the Pixel 6 since release day but found its modem slightly poor compared to even cheaper Android phones (Slower and weaker 4G connectivity)

Here`s hoping Samsung release a Snapdragon-based S22 early next year.

13. Richie

Sgarrista

Reckon it can translate this into English? :p:cry:

14. ODuffer

Gangster

It's been like this since day one with my Pixel 4a 5G. I have to toggle airplane mode every now and again to get 5G back again :(

15. Begbie

Caporegime

Shame it doesn't work in FB messenger (or I couldn't get it to work).

16. Orcvader

Capodecina

I think it's already confirmed the UK will get the Exynos for the S22. This one should also be the one with AMD graphics and potentially a newer Samsung modem.

Also noticed this, but it does pick up 4G/3G after half a minute or so. It doesn't happen everywhere but it is rather annoying having to wait a bit when you're browsing. I've turned off adaptive connectivity which does help a bit but doesn't completely fix it.

I did notice "General improvements for network connection stability & performance" for the December patch but I'm not expecting it to improve the situation much. Guess we'll find out when it drops next week.

Last edited: 7 Dec 2021
  17. Semple

Sgarrista

At that price why wouldn't you just buy the official charger.

18. tom_e

Man of Honour

It's £10 cheaper and comes with a cable unlike the official one.

19. Semple

Sgarrista

I only paid £25 for the official one, and the cable comes with the phone.

I could understand if it was half the price of the official one.

20. tom_e

Man of Honour

It is pretty much if you want another cable as well for whatever reason.