Google Pixel 7/7 Pro & Pixel Watch

I haven't had the chance to use it as a phone on its own (have always used headsets/headphones), but I will try this out. I have to admit though, that wouldn't be nice if it does that.

I think it's because the speaker is on the actual top edge of the phone rather than at the top on the face (where the selfie camera is). So the sound is not projected into your ear but upwards instead. I just did a test with some colleagues and they could hear the conversation. Would be good to know what yours is like.

Last edited:
The Spigen thin-fit case has a channel and projects it to the usual place instead.

I've got the Spigen Liquid Air Case that also seems to have this tunnel but it's still throwing the audio out. It think the hole on the top isn't helping, maybe I'll try covering it and hopefully enough will come out of that crazy thin tunnel.

I've looked all over the place, but I can't find anyone talking about this speaker issue which seems bizarre. It was instantly obvious to me the first time I took a call and I immediately checked to see if I had hit the loudspeaker button it was that bad.

At first I thought the speaker was that small hole at the top, but that's a mic and the speaker is that incredibly tiny strip along the top almost invisible, yet it seems to project sound outwards? I don't know what that rectangular thing is on the top right, is it some sort of IR transmitter?

Last edited:
I've looked all over the place, but I can't find anyone talking about this speaker issue which seems bizarre. It was instantly obvious to me the first time I took a call and I immediately checked to see if I had hit the loudspeaker button it was that bad.

At first I thought the speaker was that small hole at the top, but that's a mic and the speaker is that incredibly tiny strip along the top almost invisible, yet it seems to project sound outwards? I don't know what that rectangular thing is on the top right, is it some sort of IR transmitter?

Top right is an antenna window of sorts.

I make a load of phone calls but usually via BT earphones. However no I've never really thought the earpiece was a problem. I'm talking abit the 6 Pro here, I believe they are both the same.

Lol aye I wish.

Looks like the case is amplifying it slightly but the main problem it seems is that I was positioning the top right of the screen against my ear instead of the top middle, so I was increasing the volume unnecessarily.

Score one for user error. Although a little strange I didn't have this problem with the Sony.

Last edited:
how are you finding the pixel compared to the iPhone X?
I'm enjoying it so far.

The screen is lovely, battery decent and I did always miss Touch ID so having a fingerprint sensor is welcome.

The 'iphone like' gestures that have been added to Android over the last few years have made a big difference in regards to becoming accustomed to Android. The last Android I used had the 3 buttons at the bottom (back, home and multitask) and I hated it.

Widgets on the home screen seem a lot better but I haven't used the camera mode that much so far. On the few pictures I have taken it's obviously way better but it is important to remember that the iPhone X was released back in 2017. For the discount having traded in my iPhone X, and the free pixel buds once I can claim them, it simply made perfect sense.

I think they're really good. I get to play with lots of buds and these are the ones I'm using as my dailys. Sound good, really comfy, great ANC, best touch controls I've used.
I bought through Curry's so I can claim mine as of Tuesday. I wish I'd gone through the Google Store and had them since release :( This is nice to hear though; I'm desperate for them to at least match up with the Arpods Pro's I had.

Has anyone claimed a free gift through Curry's in the past? Nothing mentioned on the website at the minute because the gift is no longer a thing so struggling to find a link.

Last edited:
I bought through Curry's so I can claim mine as of Tuesday. I wish I'd gone through the Google Store and had them since release :( This is nice to hear though; I'm desperate for them to at least match up with the Arpods Pro's I had.

Has anyone claimed a free gift through Curry's in the past? Nothing mentioned on the website at the minute because the gift is no longer a thing so struggling to find a link.
Coz it is nothing to do with Currys. I'll have to claim from tomorrow as well l.

The link to claim is the following

Those who got the buds with their 7/7 pro, are they good? I'm thinking of picking up a set once my Google store credit is applied in a couple of weeks.
never had wireless buds, but got the buds pro with mine.
only used them for less than 2 hours currently, but will be using them more soon.
over all though, they are pretty solid, fits nice in my ear, the touch buttons on them is really freaking good.
noise cancelling is stellar and the transparency mode (which I had never used before) was actually surprising and good.

overall, I am over the moon I chose the buds over the watch, not just for general use but feel i've got the better product and use case. (I dont use watches :) )

Coz it is nothing to do with Currys. I'll have to claim from tomorrow as well l.

The link to claim is the following

Thanks! I spent about 45 minutes on with Currys this morning as I know I'd seen a link but couldn't then find it. Currys live chat was not only useless but a complete waste of time. I feel like they should have the link ready for customers. My iPhone Trade in arrived late last week and I did ask about that too; he pointed me in the direction of the Trade-in dedicated team which is fine, but then he mentioned the offer twice after that and then asked if that's what I wanted to discuss, after I'd told him that that was fine and I'd speak to the dedicated Trade-in team afterwards. Like....the guy was a complete and utter idiot.

Anyway, I spoke to my mate (convinced me to at least look at Pixels) and he sent me the same link you did within 2 minutes.

never had wireless buds, but got the buds pro with mine.
only used them for less than 2 hours currently, but will be using them more soon.
over all though, they are pretty solid, fits nice in my ear, the touch buttons on them is really freaking good.
noise cancelling is stellar and the transparency mode (which I had never used before) was actually surprising and good.

overall, I am over the moon I chose the buds over the watch, not just for general use but feel i've got the better product and use case. (I dont use watches :) )

Thanks, good to know they are well rated. Tbh I'm wondering if I should have just taken the buds instead of the watch. I had no interest in the smart watch either but it was worth slightly more to flip, plus I got the 10% store credit with my order that I'm not sure I would use otherwise.

Have some older OnePlus wireless buds currently but battery life is rubbish now and I use them when I go into a shared open office, so noise cancelling would be a nice benefit.

Back
Top Bottom