Google Pixel 7/7 Pro & Pixel Watch

Associate
I’m really tempted to give the pixel and watch a go. It’s ideally not for me but no harm in trying as the watch is basic it’s what I’d like in a smart watch.

I’m just unsure I’ll regret the purchase.
That was exactly my thoughts with the apple watch, I liked it but I couldnt help but think it was half the price of an entry level Tag watch which is something you could have forever.

Soldato
Ummmm. Not sure. How does one achieve that?
Towards the top right of the editor, three dots, then two brackets to switch to/from different editing modes.

When it's in code editing mode, it'll grey out all the font and emoji options

Last edited:
Soldato
Towards the top right of the editor, three dots, then two brackets to switch to/from different editing modes.

When it's in code editing mode, it'll grey out all the font and emoji options
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Thank you for educating me! Now I can go edit my post in the Wordle thread :p

Associate
Anybody able to install Amazon Appsote on their Pixel 7.

Ive purchased a few app from their I wold like to install and not have to pay again for on the google store.

When I try to install it says the app isnt compatible.

Man of Honour

Ive purchased a few app from their I wold like to install and not have to pay again for on the google store.

I imagine you could sideload it if you grab the APK from one of the many APK mirrors out there but haven't tried it myself.

Soldato
I have to wait until the 1st of November to claim as I brought my Pixel 7 Pro from Currys. So hopefully not too long after claiming them.

Great thanks.

It could well be that the app is not 64bit. Pixel 7 only works with that now.
Would like to know how you get on with the AOD.

Im very happy with the battery life of the watch so far. Better than i was expecting.
I managed 14hrs with AOD and max brightness and also raise to wake. That was on my first day of use.

I think raise to wake uses a fair bit of unnecessary juice.

Associate
I imagine you could sideload it if you grab the APK from one of the many APK mirrors out there but haven't tried it myself.
Thanks. Tried without success. As Kona786 says, i think it because it's not 64bit. Im just tight fisted and dont want to have to pay again for Plex and other apps I have via Amazon.

Associate
Great thanks.

It could well be that the app is not 64bit. Pixel 7 only works with that now.

I managed 14hrs with AOD and max brightness and also raise to wake. That was on my first day of use.

I think raise to wake uses a fair bit of unnecessary juice.
I think you are right about raise to wake. I had bad battery life on my first day. Turned this feature off and it's been fine since. Bit of a nusiance have to tap the screen to see it, but worth it for the extended battery I suppose.

Caporegime
So many little quality of life "normal" things missing from stock android...
Looping home screen for example.. Every phone ive ever had uses this and "base" android doesn't use it? wow.... honestly
Coming from a p20 pro its a huge step in hardware but honestly a downgrade on user experience..

As awful as it is can i try a Huawei style launcher how do i go about that? I know im a moron. :p

Soldato

So many little quality of life "normal" things missing from stock android...
Looping home screen for example.. Every phone ive ever had uses this and "base" android doesn't use it? wow.... honestly
Coming from a p20 pro its a huge step in hardware but honestly a downgrade on user experience..

As awful as it is can i try a Huawei style launcher how do i go about that? I know im a moron. :p
OMG. Install Nova.

Associate
Those who have done trade-in with Google store via PCS, is their pre-paid postage fully insured? or did you pay for RMSD or similar when sending your old device back. Can't seem to find anywhere on the google trade in site or with the trade in pack that came that says what would happen if the package is lost or damaged.
*edit - seems its at your loss/responsibility. Coupled with their terms around only returning a device to you if they offer you less than 75% value, I've gone with Music Magpie instead. Worked out similar value wise.
I've done 2 trade-ins through Google now. The first I got a higher valuation than that estimated.

The second valuation was on par, so as long as you've described the handset right I don't think a lower valuation will be a problem. Got my Pixel 7 trade-in refund yesterday, so a quick turnaround! :)

Back
Top Bottom