Google Pixel 8/8 Pro & Pixel Watch 2

I'm actually tempted by this deal but never used mobiles.co.uk - does anyone have any experience with them? I'm also trying to work out what the CPI plus 3.9% will do to the final total cost over 24 months. It feels like maybe the best part of £100, taking the total price to around £1030 which is slightly cheaper than Google Store but obviously I need to factor around £20/month saving with the contract bundled, which is a saving of £480 over the contract duration.

That's makes the phone cost around £600. Is my man maths accurate?

Xrb4sSj.jpeg

Last edited:
@Dirk Diggler yeah give or take. Went with ID myself as the SIM was practically free - I factored in 2 x 9% rises and came out roughly the same price as on the Google store. I paid an extra 70 upfront but did get a free watch which I've kept.

And also ordered via mobiles.co.uk - no issues what so ever. Don't forget the cashback too - I'm waiting on £45 but has since dropped

I've decided not to use my official pixel case (as nice as it is) and want one of those leather types which cover the phone front and back, a bit like the one I bought from the Jungle below...but not like the one they actually sent :( Anyone got any recommendations?

phonecase1.jpg

anyone here from London using p8pro as contactless ?

its either my phone, or TFL readers...very often i struggle to get it to read the card and it's being declined...takes few attempts...

so no idea if my phone is buggered or it is the readers...but would be all readers ?

had no issue with paying in shops so far
I don't live in London but I go to London weekly for work, and it works fine.

@Dirk Diggler yeah give or take. Went with ID myself as the SIM was practically free - I factored in 2 x 9% rises and came out roughly the same price as on the Google store. I paid an extra 70 upfront but did get a free watch which I've kept.

And also ordered via mobiles.co.uk - no issues what so ever. Don't forget the cashback too - I'm waiting on £45 but has since dropped

Are ID doing the roaming from your allowance? I'm going to the USA soon and that would be handy.

I've decided not to use my official pixel case (as nice as it is) and want one of those leather types which cover the phone front and back, a bit like the one I bought from the Jungle below...but not like the one they actually sent :( Anyone got any recommendations?

phonecase1.jpg
Fairly certain you just need to return and get the correct one sent out rather than find another.

Just got my xlevel guardian case. Will keep this one, though not sure if I may switch it from the black to the clear one as I already miss the nice light grey.

Has anyone tried putting a mag safe sticker into a case or another magnetic sticker? Are they still strong and safe to use with a magnetic car dash holder.

Well so far I'm easily getting a good day's worth of battery. I leave the house at 630am, and by the time I get home around 5pm I generally have at least 35%. And that's without charging it, and using it for emails, taking pictures, using maps, teams/whatsapp etc... playing the occasional game etc... i.e. using a smartphone as it's supposed to. I haven't disabled 5G either. Though 50% of the time I am in WiFi environments so I'm sure that does have an impact.

I remember when the pixel 6 pro came out the first few months the battery wasn't as good as expected but after a while it got better following what I can only imagine to be software updates.

Pixel 8 giving me exceedingly good battery life, where my Mi11 would have had to be charged at least once for the same usage...

Not overly happy with the size, however, its much smaller than i'm used to... But by the time I get rid of it i'm sure it will be fine.

In the market for magsafe now, maybe, possibly....

Pretty happy with my Pixel 8 Pro, had to cull a load of stuff I stored on my phone no longer having micro SD. But I think the camera is a decent improvement overall compared to my old Note 10+ 5G.

One small thing I've noticed - Panoramas aren't great, seem a bit blurry and some bad joins, and also LOW RESOLUTION. Almost like it's resizing down. My old Samsung did a much better job on these and resolution has huge, not downsized.

Hoping this will get sorted with an update as I take many pano shots and these are poor.

I've pulled the trigger on the mobiles.co.uk deal for the 256GB Pro, costing £930 spread over 24 months.

The 250GB data contract was worth much more to me than the "free" watch that I would have to faff about selling. I could kick myself for having bought handsets outright in the past, as this is definitely a better way to do it IMO.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom