Google Pixel 8/8 Pro & Pixel Watch 2

Got an issue with wife's Pixel 8a. When it connects to our car's Android head unit with android auto, the bluetooth is connected but the audio on calls does not come out the speakers of the car. Does it wired or wireless. If I forget the bluetooth stereo and repair it from scratch, it works as it should. But then if we shut down and get out the car and then come back, the second time it connects the same problem comes back.
So basically, she can make calls and receive them but cannot hear the audio of the call in the car speakers. In the settings during a call on the android stereo, one can toggle between "bluetooth", "speaker" and "handset". Speaker places the audio onto the phones speaker phone as expected. Handset places it into the ear piece of the phone. Bluetooth selects the car speakers, but audio does not come out.
My Android phone does not do this. Works as it should.

Got an issue with wife's Pixel 8a. When it connects to our car's Android head unit with android auto, the bluetooth is connected but the audio on calls does not come out the speakers of the car. Does it wired or wireless. If I forget the bluetooth stereo and repair it from scratch, it works as it should. But then if we shut down and get out the car and then come back, the second time it connects the same problem comes back.
So basically, she can make calls and receive them but cannot hear the audio of the call in the car speakers. In the settings during a call on the android stereo, one can toggle between "bluetooth", "speaker" and "handset". Speaker places the audio onto the phones speaker phone as expected. Handset places it into the ear piece of the phone. Bluetooth selects the car speakers, but audio does not come out.
My Android phone does not do this. Works as it should.
I have a 7 and my missus has a 7a and she has the exact same problem. Sorry it doesn't help, but sounds like the a versions have an issue.

I have a 7 and my missus has a 7a and she has the exact same problem. Sorry it doesn't help, but sounds like the a versions have an issue.

We literally went for a Pixel to have the best wireless android auto experience possible, after having seen Xiaomi phones would never connect wirelessly due to MIUI not playing ball with AA. :(
It's enough to make me want to get it refunded frankly if that's not fixable. I wonder if it does it with all bluetooth headsets or just the car stereo. Might have to do some further testing.

@Lustral and co, thanks for the original heads up about the Google Pixel Buds Pro claim/deal. Mine came today using the invoice like we said might work! Royal mail left the battered and saturated box out in the rain all day. Nice. Anyway they're nice. Wife and son tried them out and were like....yeah we want to keep these please. So won't be selling them on! :) (Had 2 sets I mean.)

Last edited:
@Lustral and co, thanks for the original heads up about the Google Pixel Buds Pro claim/deal. Mine came today using the invoice like we said might work! Royal mail left the battered and saturated box out in the rain all day. Nice. Anyway they're nice. Wife and son tried them out and were like....yeah we want to keep these please. So won't be selling them on! :) (Had 2 sets I mean.)
Yeah I got mine a few days ago. I’ll be flogging mine as I need to fund my new build. Enjoy

Can I ask you guys if you think there may be something wrong with my Pixel Watch 2?

I'm using the watch to send steps date to MyFitnessPal (on my Pixel 8 Pro) via the Fitbit app on the watch.

It's been working fine for a few months until last week, it stopped synching.

Now whenever I click on the Fitbit logo on the watchface to open up the steps info, after a few seconds, it throws me back to the main screen.

I've tried all the basic stuff like disconnecting apps and devices, uninstalling MyFitnessPal, and finally a factory reset of my watch.

I'm lost as what to try next except contacting suppost to ask for a repair?

Can anyone think of anything else to try? Do you think there may be something wrong with the watch?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom