Google Pixel 8/8 Pro & Pixel Watch 2

battery life on my 8 Pro has been a lot better than I was expecting after reading lots of comments on the internet

managing 5-6 hours SOT over 30 odd hours of use - some of that radio etc on so phone doing stuff but screen off

charges at 5.6A

all good - and camera fantastic

Can anyone else here that owns a Pixel 8 try this out for me please. When I use the selfie cam, it flickers every second or so, as if the white balance is being adjusted, if you switch to 16:9 the issue goes away

Can anyone else here that owns a Pixel 8 try this out for me please. When I use the selfie cam, it flickers every second or so, as if the white balance is being adjusted, if you switch to 16:9 the issue goes away
Just tried on my Pixel 8 and it does flicker on Photo mode but is ok in Portrate mode.

Damit, is mine broken as well?

I've had the pixel 8 almost a week now and here are my thoughts

Battery life has been great for me, but again I'm not a power user

Camera is amazing

Typing feels weird and not very responsive, making loads more typos than I was on my previous Samsung, maybe it's because the screen is smaller and I'm not used to it?

No back button, instead you have to swipe. Slowly getting used to it

Overall relatively pleased, but I need to get more consistent with typing, drives me crazy at times

Last edited:
I've had the pixel 8 almost a week now and here are my thoughts
No back button, instead you have to swipe. Slowly getting used to it
It takes a bit of getting used to but I couldn't go back to the 3 buttons now. The only thing annoying me is if I go to swipe up and don't catch it right I get that circle to search thing pop up :D

Yeah I agree that the button system doesn't seem as intuitive as swiping to go back

Anyone else had any issues with screen responsiveness or typing? I guess it could also be because I'm using a brand new screen protector and it's very smooth, but I'm making so many more typos on the pixel 8 than my bigger Samsung

I'm using a pro but definitely not something I've noticed.
Iirc there's a screen protector setting to up the sensitivity, might be worth turning that on if it's not already or sacrifice the screen protector to make sure you've not got a dodgy one.

I'm using a pro but definitely not something I've noticed.
Iirc there's a screen protector setting to up the sensitivity, might be worth turning that on if it's not already or sacrifice the screen protector to make sure you've not got a dodgy one.

I do have the screen protector mode turned on. I'll give it a few days and then experiment. I think it's just an adjustment thing personally

I don't have issues with responsivenss everyday use, but there are odd times when the phone will just not register my touch for a few seconds when using the stopwatch to time my workouts.

I guess I stop and start the stopwatch twenty-odd times per session, but pretty much every workout I can guarantee there will be one or two times where it will just not stop/reset/start when I press the relevant button. After my insistent tapping over the next few seconds it will then react. I don't think this happens with any other apps, and I wonder if it might be due to the stopwatch buttons being in the same position as the fingerpint sensor and the screen just being less responsive there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom