Google Pixel 8/8 Pro & Pixel Watch 2

Soldato
If the 8 Pro turns out to be £999 for the 128GB model and more for the 256GB, would it be better to get the base model and use either Google Drive and/or OneDrive to store photos and just wipe photos from the phone as I fill the space up? I'm thinking of signing up for the 2TB Google Drive plan to get 10% off at the Google Store and I already have a 1TB OneDrive subscription. I have a Oneplus 8T 128GB and am using the space up taking photos and videos of my cat! I was hoping to get the 8 Pro 25GB but if that's going to more than £1k then perhaps I'd better stick with the 128GB and use cloud storage for photos?

Mis-read, thought you said you should get Google drive FOC with phone.

£1600 and you get the phone :p

Last edited:
Soldato
If the 8 Pro turns out to be £999 for the 128GB model and more for the 256GB, would it be better to get the base model and use either Google Drive and/or OneDrive to store photos and just wipe photos from the phone as I fill the space up? I'm thinking of signing up for the 2TB Google Drive plan to get 10% off at the Google Store and I already have a 1TB OneDrive subscription. I have a Oneplus 8T 128GB and am using the space up taking photos and videos of my cat! I was hoping to get the 8 Pro 25GB but if that's going to more than £1k then perhaps I'd better stick with the 128GB and use cloud storage for photos?

That's what I do. Smart storage does it automatically too. I've never had to manually delete photos/videos for more storage.

Soldato
256GB would be the minimum for me but might try push to the 512GB. I've had the 256GB Pixel 6 and had to clear off backed up photos once so with the Pixel 8 and maybe 7 years of updates it'll be wise to go to 512GB.

I've got 2TB Drive but want to keep the photos on the device as when you want a photo, you never have internet!

Soldato
Do you have Amazon Prime?

Soldato
Pixel phones are starting to get way too expensive now. Suspect my 6pro will be my first and last pixel. Shame.

I disagree if the 7 year update schedule is true and with the watch promotion.

It's expensive but not overly so. The specs on the 8 Pro are flagship level, so pay flagship prices. Inflation and brexit is to blame more than anything.

Soldato
Pixel phones are starting to get way too expensive now. Suspect my 6pro will be my first and last pixel. Shame.
I actually switched to a contract this time with my 7pro. It was cheaper than buying outright and SIM only, with a lot more data. It's worth looking around for deals, some very good ones come up from time to time.

Caporegime
I actually switched to a contract this time with my 7pro. It was cheaper than buying outright and SIM only, with a lot more data. It's worth looking around for deals, some very good ones come up from time to time.

Yep, I often see buy the handset seperately banded about. But in my experience it's definitely not always the cheapest method.

Soldato
I guess it depends how much you record. A full day at Disneyland with tons of 4K 60 videos and photos, it does use up space quickly and you won't be backing up until you're back at the hotel, even then speeds aren't guaranteed to be good.

That's true but a bit of a niche example - how many Pixel owners in the UK will be heading to Disney Land?

Although, funnily enough if I buy one then I'll face that exact scenario in December. :p

• Haha
Reactions: LiE
Man of Honour
Same here, although the mid contract price bump ate into the saving I'll still be about £100 better off by the end

Back
Top Bottom