Google Pixel 8/8 Pro & Pixel Watch 2

Soldato
I got a good deal on the 6 Pro on contract. Though that was in March 2022, 4 months after release.

This time I'll go sim only and phone direct from Googs. Had enough of mid contract bumps. And it'll be 2 of them.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime

Google Pixel 8 bundles leaked​

eBay floods incoming.

I'd be looking to use a student discount anyway which sometimes doesn't work with these pre-orders. It did last year from what I remember.

Last edited:
Soldato
eBay floods incoming.

I'd be looking to use a student discount anyway which sometimes doesn't work with these pre-orders. It did last year from what I remember.
Won't work with bundle.

I managed it last year with the 7 Pro, but the loophole was plugged when the Fold launched.

Soldato
Mis-read, thought you said you should get Google drive FOC with phone.

£1600 and you get the phone :p
Ah, I did see your reply earlier and thought you were replying to someone else's question! No I was trying to say I can pay £80 for 2TB of Google storage and then get 10% off the phone which would cover the £80.
That's what I do. Smart storage does it automatically too. I've never had to manually delete photos/videos for more storage.
Cool. I have a feeling 256GB will be a lot more so not financially worth it. We'll see in a week I guess. :)
Do you have Amazon Prime?
I do yes.

Soldato
Ah, I did see your reply earlier and thought you were replying to someone else's question! No I was trying to say I can pay £80 for 2TB of Google storage and then get 10% off the phone which would cover the £80.

Cool. I have a feeling 256GB will be a lot more so not financially worth it. We'll see in a week I guess. :)

I do yes.
Well you already have unlimited photo storage then, why pay for Google as well.

Soldato
One thing about the pixels though, after about 6 months after release, Google do tend to reduce the price.

I got my 6 pro for £680 along with £100 of free stuff, including the wireless charger.

I'll probably keep the 6 pro until the updates stop. Which means the Pixel 10 will be launching. Will see what prices are like for the non pro version.

Soldato
One thing about the pixels though, after about 6 months after release, Google do tend to reduce the price.

I got my 6 pro for £680 along with £100 of free stuff, including the wireless charger.

I'll probably keep the 6 pro until the updates stop. Which means the Pixel 10 will be launching. Will see what prices are like for the non pro version.
I definitely think I'll be having the 8Pro but it will be next year when the price drops happen.

Soldato

I did see a graph of Samsung releases vs price and the prices drops are like clockwork over time. I just look for a phone I want and wait until it reaches the price I'm prepared to pay. Only buy on release if someone else is paying ;)

Man of Honour
I think people are comparing it to iPhones which AFAIK don't tend to drop in price at all or only very marginally until the next model is released.

Soldato
the more work iphone i use, the more i want to stick to pixels LOL

that no back button is just bad...bumber of clicks i need to go back to screen i want is a joke ...

you dialed a number from contact book...went to do smth else...need to call sm1 else..go back to phone app, contacts and you are back to last scrren and contact you had picked...you go back with arrow to go back to search box when you were looking for that previous contact...just cant get my head round it...

as much i like new screen on ip15pro and want to try iOS, its a struggle to find ways round it...

too many yeards with android i think

Back
Top Bottom