Google Pixel 8/8 Pro & Pixel Watch 2

Soldato
the more work iphone i use, the more i want to stick to pixels LOL

that no back button is just bad...bumber of clicks i need to go back to screen i want is a joke ...

you dialed a number from contact book...went to do smth else...need to call sm1 else..go back to phone app, contacts and you are back to last scrren and contact you had picked...you go back with arrow to go back to search box when you were looking for that previous contact...just cant get my head round it...

as much i like new screen on ip15pro and want to try iOS, its a struggle to find ways round it...

too many yeards with android i think

:eek: No back button?! You can tell I'm not an iPhone user :cry: I think that's what makes it hard for iPhone users to move to Android, too many choices. I liken it to old school terrestrial TV vs new age streaming, some are just more comfortable with limited choices and one way of doing things.

Caporegime
Once eBay if flooded with buds from pre orders they become worth £50 if you can even find someone to buy them.

Yeah, probably worth holding onto them for a few months if you want to sell.

How much would the watch sell for? £200? If it sells on ebay/whatever for £250/300 then the pro would make more sense to buy.

Last edited:
Associate
I got £225 for the watch last year on ebay, it took a long time to sell as it was absolutely flooded with them. Looks like there are quite a lot of the current version on there now still and can easily pick-up brand new for under £200.

Soldato
One thing about the pixels though, after about 6 months after release, Google do tend to reduce the price.

I got my 6 pro for £680 along with £100 of free stuff, including the wireless charger.

I'll probably keep the 6 pro until the updates stop. Which means the Pixel 10 will be launching. Will see what prices are like for the non pro version.
The question is would the price drop by enough, within a short enough timespan, to make it possible to buy the 8 Pro + Pixel Watch 2 for a combined price equal to or less than just the 8 Pro's launch price?! :eek::D

Soldato
Pixel 8 Pro 128GB will be £999, so expecting the 256GB to be £1199 and 512GB £1399.
Those are the kind of prices I'd consider for a laptop rather than a phone. I think the big issue for phone makers is that they are all good these days and it's getting hard to get people to upgrade. The fact they only last a few years doesn;t seem to be very "green" to me.

Soldato
the more work iphone i use, the more i want to stick to pixels LOL

that no back button is just bad...bumber of clicks i need to go back to screen i want is a joke ...

you dialed a number from contact book...went to do smth else...need to call sm1 else..go back to phone app, contacts and you are back to last scrren and contact you had picked...you go back with arrow to go back to search box when you were looking for that previous contact...just cant get my head round it...

as much i like new screen on ip15pro and want to try iOS, its a struggle to find ways round it...

too many yeards with android i think
I know exactly what you mean.... it's almost funny how far iOS has fallen behind android in terms of usability and general getting things done. Everything just requires more clicks!

Associate
OP
Those are the kind of prices I'd consider for a laptop rather than a phone. I think the big issue for phone makers is that they are all good these days and it's getting hard to get people to upgrade. The fact they only last a few years doesn;t seem to be very "green" to me.
But I guess thats why there is the regular version of the 8 and the 7a-for those who don’t want to pay the top end.

I do agree on the upgrade bit though. It’s why i think Apple probably see the iPhone/iPad as a blessing and a curse-blessing that so many people stick with them for so long, but a curse that the majority of people will say “meh, it still works” and keep going with it for another year…

Soldato
But I guess thats why there is the regular version of the 8 and the 7a-for those who don’t want to pay the top end.

I do agree on the upgrade bit though. It’s why i think Apple probably see the iPhone/iPad as a blessing and a curse-blessing that so many people stick with them for so long, but a curse that the majority of people will say “meh, it still works” and keep going with it for another year…
I wish they did the 8 with a bigger screen. Why are bigger screens always reserved for the top models.

Associate
I always just use the CEX price to judge what the gift is worth cos thats a sure thing, no fees, no waiting etc, currently its £52, not much of a discount off your 700 quid phone. I expect you will get a much larger discount buying the pro and doing the same with the new watch.

Soldato
Well you already have unlimited photo storage then, why pay for Google as well.
Well I'm already using OneDrive and Google Drive so seems a bit silly to add another backup option. As its free through Amazon Prime I'll give it a go and see. However 5GB video won't last long with 4K video. I've already got almost 4GB videos just of my cat so I think the 5GB limit for videos will be reached straightaway with other videos. If videos was unlimited I'd look into it seriously but I'm so close already with just one folder of videos so might have to not use Amazon Photos.

Back
Top Bottom