Google Pixel 8/8 Pro & Pixel Watch 2

Soldato
Was looking this up recently, sounds like the main authenticators have cloud backup, turn the feature on, log in on new phone and the 2fa accounts should be there, then log in to all the sites using 2fa on the new phone quickly, should work I think. Would be interested to hear if it actually works.
I recently went OP7T to 7Pro and no issues. Can't remember what I did but it was obviously very easy ;)

Associate
What case are you all looking at getting?

I've ordered the blue pro and I'm considering the spigen liquid air but maybe in green or navy?

716W8RDUyJL._AC_SL1200_.jpg
71aaiwf9rWL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Soldato
These phones look great. Only disappointed about the lack of upgrade on the fingerprint sensor unless I missed this
Until its tested it's anyone's guess. Software plays a big role to how well it performs. And even though its optical, doesn't mean it hasn't been updated hardware wise.

Last edited:
Soldato
oh that's nice! I'm also tempted by the official google case tbh
Not liking the speaker grille cutout (too pronounced) on the front earpiece area hence why I went thin-fit. Though rear of that spigen covers the whole visor which is not as nice as the Google and Bellroy cases.

Damn you bellroy for the lame colours. A deep green or blue would have been ace.

Last edited:
Associate
with some apps it might be easier to switch 2FA off then switch phones

i remember having issue with gmail itself going back from pixel to samsung...
I use Aegis. You can export the vault to Google drive or use it's built in cloud backup feature, which I believe also just saves a file to Google drive. I do the former just because the latter didn't exist when I started using it!

I also use BitWarden for password manager, works seamless on Android including in apps, and on desktop with app or browser extensions.

Not sure about all these cases that hide the phone. Unless you're all going for boring black I guess!

Last edited:
I'm not keen on Spigen cases. I bought one for my P6 and it ended up damaging the back of the phone. The case also snapped when removing it. Lost confidence in the brand.
I have the exact same issue. My Pixel 2 I put in a spigen case, the only damage that phone had was from the case. Since then I've gone case less and even with the damage I now have after 3 years, it's still less than what the case caused

Associate
OP
What case are you all looking at getting?

I've ordered the blue pro and I'm considering the spigen liquid air but maybe in green or navy?

716W8RDUyJL._AC_SL1200_.jpg
71aaiwf9rWL._AC_SL1200_.jpg
Just the official one in Charcoal for the time being. Might grab a Bay one as well once the credit has been applied.

Back
Top Bottom