Google Pixel 8/8 Pro & Pixel Watch 2

Associate
I've bitten the bullet and ordered the P8 Pro in Blue. Smashed the screen on my P6 Pro last week so fingers crossed I have no incidents with this.

Offered me £170 trade in for the P6 not sure I'll get that due to the damage. Also I've been quoted £220 for a screen replacement which seems the going rate for it.

Soldato
Google will give me £380 for my iPhone 12 Pro 128GB. That's far more than other recycling sites.

Seems like they really want to sway users away from Apple.

That's more than they offer for an S23 Ultra :cry:
Was looking at this myself, got an old iPhone 11 64GB. Offering £330 for that, which is nuts. Very tempted now to go for the standard Pixel8 at £369 after the trade in.

Reactions: LiE
Associate
Just ordered a 256gb Pro in Obsidian from Mobiles.co.uk

£505 upfront
£26 per month Vodafone 5g 100gb 24 month contract
Total cost £1129

Should get £63 cashback via Topcashback, then I'll sell my Pixel 5 (CEX currently offering £109 cash) and hopefully get around £200 for the watch

Soldato
Three networks pre order deals go live tomorrow 8am UK.

If your with them already you might be able to strike a deal perhaps. I am currently so ill see what they say when live at 8.

Not sure they will be able to beat the CPW one.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Associate
Three networks pre order deals go live tomorrow 8am UK.

If your with them already you might be able to strike a deal perhaps. I am currently so ill see what they say when live at 8.

Not sure they will be able to beat the CPW one.

Incredibly unlikely that first party networks will get anywhere close to a deal with a total cost around the price of buying a handset at retail!

Associate
I text INFO to 85075, and got a call back from EE literally two minutes after.

Best she could do for me was
125GB data (didn't check if not speed limited)
£52 per month
£30 up front
£1278 total

I didn't really discuss much further but did request a callback in a few days just in case, but even if I paid £300 up front the monthly payments wouldn't be far off the entire of the cost of the iD deal.

Soldato
I've got the Spigen rugged armour and the Spigen screen protector coming tomorrow.

I've got a query regarding authenticators... I seem to recall reading that you have to unlink them or similar before wiping a phone or they are lost forever? Any truth to that or how to do it so I'm not losing my current ones?

Soldato
I've got the Spigen rugged armour and the Spigen screen protector coming tomorrow.

I've got a query regarding authenticators... I seem to recall reading that you have to unlink them or similar before wiping a phone or they are lost forever? Any truth to that or how to do it so I'm not losing my current ones?
with some apps it might be easier to switch 2FA off then switch phones

i remember having issue with gmail itself going back from pixel to samsung...

Soldato
Semantics.

I think it's an important point made, not simply a distinction in semantics. Companies don't give anything away for free, as stated it's 100% marketing manipulation. However, the nuance with Google is that all the hardware i.e. the handset and the "gift", is subsidised by the software. It's their core business, after all. :)

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Too many of the 3rd party cases add a big front lip making back button gesture a pain.

I'm going Hazel case on my Hazel P8. Looks very nice.

56CI7XQQDvF29o0yISipQF9wOAHkKaJitYqBbp97QwLQNg_3WyT4hfF8LCFy_sItmSzqQ01-2_zBPSHGWI3lXvQm76cEE2faKD0=rw-e365-nu-w1100

Soldato

You can back them up to the cloud and retrieve on the new device.

Soldato
Was looking this up recently, sounds like the main authenticators have cloud backup, turn the feature on, log in on new phone and the 2fa accounts should be there, then log in to all the sites using 2fa on the new phone quickly, should work I think. Would be interested to hear if it actually works.

Back
Top Bottom