Google Pixel 8/8 Pro & Pixel Watch 2

Had my store credit applied...now after my previous store credit was removed the final payment was around £843 so I expected around £84 back in store credit. To my surprise I have had £105.14 back. Despite the discount against the Pixel Watch 2 (cost me £150) they've applied a promotional £25.74 against that item. Happy days.

Honestly that 2TB subscription for £79 really does pay for itself.

Anyone else getting one through EE? Got a pixel 8 pro through them which was supposed to be delivered today, however there's no order updates at all, not even showing is dispatched.

I messaged and they said the tracking isn't working and DPD has them, but don't have all that much confidence considering I've had nothing from DPD at all.
If it helps I ordered via Google at 1pm yesterday and it's showing on DPD for 1pm to 2pm delivery today. So it's not a DPD issue.

I've noticed some pretty extensive "smoothing" automatically applied to a lot of higher ISO shots, overall I think it's done a good job though and made the images better than they would have been if left unedited (grainy).

Anyone else getting one through EE? Got a pixel 8 pro through them which was supposed to be delivered today, however there's no order updates at all, not even showing is dispatched.

I messaged and they said the tracking isn't working and DPD has thjustem, but don't have all that much confidence considering I've had nothing from DPD at all.i
Well just got off the phone with EE and the girl had no clue where my phone in other than "it's been picked "
and DPD will text you one hr before it comes I said wtf today ?
she said it's from 8am -8pm today OR it might be tomorrow

So I said what would you say if you where speaking to a someone that didn't know about your phone on release day ?
and she had no clue where it was other than it's picked
it was silence on the line she couldn't say anything just kept on saying it might be today
blah blah blah

I'm well ****** off

Last edited by a moderator:
Well just got off the phone with EE and the girl had no clue where my phone in other than "it's been picked "
and DPD will text you one hr before it comes I said wtf today ?
she said it's from 8am -8pm today OR it might be tomorrow

So I said what would you say if you where speaking to a someone that didn't know about your phone on release day ?
and she had no clue where it was other than it's picked
it was silence on the line she couldn't say anything just kept on saying it might be today
blah blah blah

I'm well ****** off

Ye as mentioned, mine turned up this morning, delivered by DPD. I got no emails or texts from DPD whatsoever. On my order tracking it still just says "Order confirmed".

So there is a chance yours will arrive today or tomorrow.

Last edited:
Ye as mentioned, mine turned up this morning, delivered by DPD. I got no emails or texts from DPD whatsoever. On my order tracking it still just says "Order confirmed".

So there is a chance yours will arrive today or tomorrow.
They're probably not passing the emails and phone numbers on to DPD they have no way of sending you alerts then.

Have you all tried using the DPD app it always you to anything coming to your address that way.

Mine has arrived from CPW.

While applying my Spigen TGSP I noticed that there is a very small reflective dot under my display, like a tiny bit of dust is trapped there.

Guess it's going back!

It arrived in a padded bag unlike my OH's 15 Pro which arrived in just a bag.
My Pixel Watch 2 box is torn.

I can't see how to return as CPW's help section of the site seems to be broken! Internal Server Error

Somehow missed the chap this morning, but no worries, they quickly dropped it off at my local Millets:). Just going through the setup process now. It is very slippy indeed, probably on par with my old Mate 20 Pro. I also have no clue on my First Direct bank info so that's going to be fun.

Doesn't appear to have any tint going off on my screen, fingers crossed.

Edit, Went for the Caseology Nano Pop case, seems like a decent case and fits well.

Last edited:
Somehow missed the chap this morning, but no worries, they quickly dropped it off at my local Millets:). Just going through the setup process now. It is very slippy indeed, probably on par with my old Mate 20 Pro. I also have no clue on my First Direct bank info so that's going to be fun.

Doesn't appear to have any tint going off on my screen, fingers crossed.

Edit, Went for the Caseology Nano Pop case, seems like a decent case and fits well.
pixel 6 was extremely slippery , hence me getting case for 8 from day 1

Has anyone jumped from Pixel 7 Pro to 8 Pro this time around?

I feel like I want a new phone and am so torn between another Android phone or a return to the iPHone for the first time in a decade

I'm at my barber's where my 6 Pro struggles with 5G connection.... It's unusable and takes an age to switch to 4G.No such issues on the 8 Pro. It's drops down to 4G straight away... and it's pulling over 100meg. Superb.

Last edited:
Been testing out the device on 5G for the past hour, Listening to spotify, Some reddit, Teams and outlook emails and only lost 3-4%. So from 6am finishing updates, App logins etc then that, I'm currently sitting at 75% battery. I believe adaptive battery usually takes 10 days to learn so I can easily see this phone being a 2-3 day battery life for my usage.
Signal seems stronger on the 8 than the 5 for 5G too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom