Google Pixel 8/8 Pro & Pixel Watch 2

Can't seem to find any way to turn off 5G! :(

5G is quite patchy here, and 4G+ plus works way better. It's only been a day, but signal so far has been great out and about, and call quality has been flawless also.

Can't seem to find any way to turn off 5G! :(

5G is quite patchy here, and 4G+ plus works way better. It's only been a day, but signal so far has been great out and about, and call quality has been flawless also.
Try

Dialling *#*#4636#*#* for the hidden phone status page.

Find network type and change to: LTE/GSM/WCDMA, that excludes NR (NR is what they call 5G).

The default option to return as it was is: NR/LTE/GSM/ WCDMA

Next Question :D

I use gestures, any way to remove the ugly gesture bar\hint that sits at the bottom of the screen? My last couple of phones had the ability to make it disappear. Cheers.

This is my first pixel phone :)

They're good. But also expensive and high maintenance.
I've had them on both my 6 and my 7 and never done anything other than wipe if it gets wet.

The one on my 6 was still pristine when it got retired and the one on my current 7 is again absolutely fine.

They're definitely now my case of choice, such a nice feel in the hand

I've had them on both my 6 and my 7 and never done anything other than wipe if it gets wet.

The one on my 6 was still pristine when it got retired and the one on my current 7 is again absolutely fine.

They're definitely now my case of choice, such a nice feel in the hand
I take it you've got the black one?

Mine was dark blue and I I had to look after it otherwise it'd get stained, marked and scratched etc. You should see my mates tan one. Yuck.

Last edited:
I take it you've got the black one?

Mine was dark blue and I I had to look after it otherwise it'd get stained, marked and scratched etc. You should see my mates tan one. Yuck.
I had the black on my 6, I've got the bluestone currently. I did manage to stain it with some tumeric but a quick baby wipe the get rid of the worst and then the rest faded after a couple of weeks.
To be fair I can imagine the tan does build quite the "patina" :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom