Google Pixel 8/8 Pro & Pixel Watch 2

Been using the 8 Pro for just under a day now and happy with the general phone, no general bugs, fingerprint scanner is fast and on par with my s23 Ultra.

Changed the launcher to Nova as it gives me more flexibility but I can still leverage the Google widgets and bits I need .

Camera is as fantastic as ever.

The s23 ultra was great but I prefer the form factor on this, the square edges are great but make it awkward getting in and out of pockets etc .

Will probably carry on using my watch 5 pro as he battery is immense , will set up the pixel watch 2 today and see if it's an improvement on the first one that could barely last 18 hours with some exercise thrown in .

thats nice.

is that white theme ? quilte like white google search box etc...mine is black from the box...need to find where to change it...

Yea light theme instead of dark and monochrome style.

Screenshot-20231013-090756.png

Sadly this is phones now. Gone are the days of drastic differences year to year. Upgrade every 3 years or more for the sweet spot.
I do agree with this, i was happy with my 6 until the swimming pool took it's life.

Coming from a standard 6 to the 8 pro, i have noticed a nice difference, so defiantly at least skip a generation to see the best upgrade gains.

Been using the 8 Pro for just under a day now and happy with the general phone, no general bugs, fingerprint scanner is fast and on par with my s23 Ultra.

Changed the launcher to Nova as it gives me more flexibility but I can still leverage the Google widgets and bits I need .

The s23 ultra was great but I prefer the form factor on this, the square edges are great but make it awkward getting in and out of pockets etc .

Will probably carry on using my watch 5 pro as he battery is immense , will set up the pixel watch 2 today and see if it's an improvement on the first one that could barely last 18 hours with some exercise thrown in .

I'm in exactly the same boat, I've come from a S23 Ultra and the Galaxy Watch 5 Pro is definitely staying on my wrist :D

Sadly this is phones now. Gone are the days of drastic differences year to year. Upgrade every 3 years or more for the sweet spot.
I do agree with this, i was happy with my 6 until the swimming pool took it's life.

Coming from a standard 6 to the 8 pro, i have noticed a nice difference, so defiantly at least skip a generation to see the best upgrade gains.
This is why I generally upgrade 3-4 years which tied in fine with the end of large updates.

Anyone tried setting up the watch, bombed out twice through setup and asked me to erase and start again both times, really not a good start....

Was quick enough to get me on the fitbit premium sub though surprise surprise, will probably be sticking with the galaxy watch5 pro

Anyone tried setting up the watch, bombed out twice through setup and asked me to erase and start again both times, really not a good start....

Was quick enough to get me on the fitbit premium sub though surprise surprise, will probably be sticking with the galaxy watch5 pro
download pixel watch app.

had same issue last night

with app installed its quick

I haven't noticed any speed bump from the 6 Pro to the 8 Pro. I know it's quicker but real world I've not seen it!
These days I tend to buy an outgoing model as they are usually good value and there rarely seems to be any killer features these days. The next real one is going to be batteries that can last days with intensive use.

Yeah mine failed 1st time. Fitbit setup was what killed it for me. Not bothered with the Fitbit stuff on the 2nd try and went straight through

Same as me! I'm using Nova.

I also have Watch 5 Pro and need to decide to keep or move over to the Pixel Watch 2. Been wearing both lol, seem pretty similar with heart rate and measurements done so far. Pixel Watch 2 fits more comfy for me on my wrist and is moore sleeker less chunky design. Decisions decisions...

Back
Top Bottom