Google Pixel 8/8 Pro & Pixel Watch 2

So I sent the phone/watch back on Thursday afternoon, was delivered in Poland on Friday. Spoke to CS to confirm that they had them of which they said they did and just received my refund in full.

I know that Google CS has a bit of a bad rap but just wanted to share that in this experience it was a positive one.

Not massively impressed with videos in the P8 pro tbh. For some reason when you send them on WhatsApp they look awful, loads of noise and pixelation. Perhaps the 10 bit HDR thing?

I know WhatsApp makes it look pretty trashy anyway but looks way worse than my p6 pro vids used to.

Last edited:
How's everyone's batteries?

Not very impressed, maybe 4-5 hours sot....
Fine, was 7 hours SOT with 40% left over on Friday on my Pixel 8.

I guess it depends on what apps etc you're using as Android 14/Tensor 3 optimisation might not be completely dialled in. Plus I've had the Watch 2 connected as well. No complains, on par or slightly better than my Pixel 7 was.

DXO have it at number 1.
Screen optimisation is perfect, having owned nearly Samsung high end phones and Pixels over the last 3 years Samsung either go for burn your eyes out with Vivid profile , or the standard one which is really dull with a greyish tone.

Google does far better at optimising the colours on the displays IMO, this can also be seen with photos which are truer to life .

How's everyone's batteries?

Not very impressed, maybe 4-5 hours sot....
Hopefully you'll see an improvement on that! My Xperia 1 IV that's a year old gets around 6 hours on a bad day and 7.5 on a good one.

I'm still scouting eBay to go for another Pixel 8 Pro after getting a faulty one from iD and not wanting to deal with their shocking customer services. I did try, but I spent most of the day trying to get a replacement arranged but ended up cancelling!

Anyone find the font sizes all over the place? Some apps fonts are too small, some too big. If you increase the display size a lot of it becomes too big.

These forums for example, on chrome the font size is tiny for me on P8P

Anyone find the font sizes all over the place? Some apps fonts are too small, some too big. If you increase the display size a lot of it becomes too big.

These forums for example, on chrome the font size is tiny for me on P8P

So I had this issue and increased the text to 150% on Firefox. Then I opened it up the next day and the font was massive. So now it's back to 100%. Strange

So I sent the phone/watch back on Thursday afternoon, was delivered in Poland on Friday. Spoke to CS to confirm that they had them of which they said they did and just received my refund in full.

I know that Google CS has a bit of a bad rap but just wanted to share that in this experience it was a positive one.
Are you going to try another one or was one enough? :confused:

Sent my 8 pro back, it's just no where near enough of an upgrade over the 7 pro. The upgrade to Android 14 may very well see me keeping the 7 Pro until the pixel 10 comes around.

Thinking of going switched back to Nova Prime launcher. So much better, can still have the Google at a glance bit, met office weather underneath, then my favourite apps.

I've used nova prime for donkeys years, couldn't use anything else. The only thing I'm less keen on is the new style at a glance widget that Google use on non pixel launchers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom