Google Pixel and Pixel XL

Currently with a 6P and still happy with it but if the new pixel xl has dramatically improved battery performance then I'll probably get one. If it has some for of water resistance then it'll be an instant purchase.

Last edited:
The Pixel looks much better in that picture, but then it would do comparing it to the traditionally inefficient iPhone screen-size ratio.

Still, it looks better than in the terrible, terrible renders we've seen so far, and hopefully it's another Nexus 2015 where the leaks all look horrific and then you see one in person and you realise they actually look pretty damn good.

Still, as I've already said, I'm likely to stick with my 6P unless Google have some surprises up their sleeves.

Yous guys ready?

http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/09/19/non-blurry-photos-google-pixel-pixel-xl-leak/

White looks decidedly average :/

Edit*
A user on reddit says his friend works at verizon and has been testing them. There is a fingerprint sensor on the front AND back, and the devices are waterproofed.

If that is genuinely true, and it comes in 256GB flavour, then that's what I've been screaming for since getting the nexus 6P, and you can consider me sold.

Stock Android, IPX rated, 256GB storage, camera as good as, or better than, the 6P/S7 = Happy.

Last edited:
Yous guys ready?

http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/09/19/non-blurry-photos-google-pixel-pixel-xl-leak/

White looks decidedly average :/

Edit*
A user on reddit says his friend works at verizon and has been testing them. There is a fingerprint sensor on the front AND back, and the devices are waterproofed.

If that is genuinely true, and it comes in 256GB flavour, then that's what I've been screaming for since getting the nexus 6P, and you can consider me sold.

Stock Android, IPX rated, 256GB storage, camera as good as, or better than, the 6P/S7 = Happy.

They look like iPhones.

The HTC A9 was basically HTC copying Apple so makes sense. The back does look very different at least, 2 finger print sensors is not too bad, I sometimes miss the front one when my phone is on a table but for everything else back finger print sensor is far better for me.

Be interesting too see what happens. 2 weeks till the event.

I think this teaser hints at some kind of light display surrounding the Pixel phomes. Makes sense since other Pixel devices have the usual Pixel light bar that shows status of battery, notifications etc when double tapped. Could also explain the frosted glass bits.

There are also two hidden photos on a Google website that shows a selfie and photo of an illuminated slipping rope framed to look like lightsabers, the quality of the photos are high for low light, and they're both exactly 12MP in resolution.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom