Google Pixel and Pixel XL

Well Google know what they're up against in terms of Samsung's S7 lineup, that is ultimately the benchmark these days. So if they nail the camera to compete in all areas, and have the hardware features to boot. Then we are onto a winner. Existing pixel devices ooze premium quality, no reason the phones should not either.

I do miss the 6P, what with it being on the latest Android versions and all.

Yup if Google are serious this year then need to top benchmarks. Nexus phones always have **** storage, everyone expect Apple is still kinda meh since only they use NVMe. Google needs top notch specs, and an excellent display the 6p is great but there is clear shift when you tilt the display and it looks a bit weird at lower brightness.

It's a phone, just tilt it towards your face :p

Phones not always directly at my face. Its also a sign that something is not done as well as Samsung/Apple. If Google chargers $650 it better have the same quality, it can't hide behind the price tag anymore. Same with storage, idk if I'll buy if its slow, its the main thing I notice as a bottle on the 6p anything IO related is just slow compared too the S7/iPhone 6s.

Yup if Google are serious this year then need to top benchmarks. Nexus phones always have **** storage, everyone expect Apple is still kinda meh since only they use NVMe. Google needs top notch specs, and an excellent display the 6p is great but there is clear shift when you tilt the display and it looks a bit weird at lower brightness.

realy? i find the screen as close to perfect as i'd expect a screen to be. at all angles it's good. My one downside i can say is the lowest brightness is not low enough.

In a vacuum its great but next too the S7 display its not perfect. Samsung has better viewing angles, but colours, better contrast and looks much better at the lower ends and gets much dimmer. I think once you ask for $650 which would be over £500 you need everything to be perfect. I look forward too it, I've been asking for a real high end phone from Google for a long time now.

Yea, if it looks like this I'm buying a second Nexus 6 as back up and sticking it out until there's a good stock Android phone with decent screen/bezel ratio.

My 64GB Graphite 6P will be up for sale sooner or later, as much as I love it I'm itching for a new phone. :D

Damn that bezel at the bottom is hideous.

its not that big though (part of the "bezel" is actually the screen looking at the on screen button placement) - definitely looks smaller than the 6P.

the phone does look quite thick though - really hope this is because theres a monster battery inside!

Back
Top Bottom