Google Pixel and Pixel XL

Hmmm, Still undecided by this, but I would love it to be awesome. I remain positive, as I said before everyone bashed the 6P leaks saying it was fugly etc. So I will remain hopeful! lol.

Few more weeks and we find out for sure.

Unsure if it has been mentioned but spoke to my contact and I expect:
2 phones
1 smart watch
A VR headset
A bundle of Phone, watch and VR headset to be offered.

Maybe a new 7" tablet but he wasnt 100%

Unsure if it has been mentioned but spoke to my contact and I expect:
2 phones
1 smart watch
A VR headset
A bundle of Phone, watch and VR headset to be offered.

Maybe a new 7" tablet but he wasnt 100%

A bundle would be nice. But gonna wait for reviews before I dive in blind. 6p has been such a good phone and easy has another 12 months in the tank

Alert:

One of the consequences of Britain's vote for Brexit has been a significant (currently 13.3%) devaluation of the Pound vs the US Dollar. Most component parts are sourced and priced in US Dollars. Just prior to Brexit in June, the Pound reached a high of £ 1= $ 1.50 but is currently trading at £ 1 = $ 1.298, or 13.3% lower.

A phone costing £ 450 prior to Brexit based on the £/$ exchange rate now, simply put, should be priced at £ 510 today and a phone costing £ 500 prior to Brexit should be priced today at £ 566.

Sorry to say but to hope that the cost of the new Pixel would ever be priced here at £ 400 or £ 450 is, sadly, out of touch with the weakness of the Pound.

You may recall that when Apple released the new iPhone in the UK recently, they cited the Pound weakness as a reason for their price increase here.

Back to the price of the Pixels (formerly Nexus):

I am assuming that by (reportedly) pricing the Pixel phones at a similar price point to the iPhone, Google is making a huge statement about quality. Reminds me of how wine is advertised ---knowing a wine is expensive, drinkers are more inclined to think it is "better".

There appears to be a huge ad campaign already being run by Google for the announcement of the phones on 4 October. My impression is that in the past, Google spent ad money (together with the manufacturer of the Nexus device) after the product was launched and aimed it at Android/Nexus enthusiasts, rather than the general public. But this time it feels different and with the big emphasis on "made by Google", they are laying the ground work for the general public to think something big (and presumably more expensive) is coming. In the past Google product announcements have been nothing like the theatrical announcements made by Apple and Samsung. As I say, this time it feels different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNnCtmyujLA

Now they are launching Allo before 4 October event too because it is presumably going to be well integrated into a slew of Google products (think Pixels, Home, etc) and be big differentiators that showcase Google's chops in Artificial Intelligence and robotics.

Anyone else getting excited?

Back
Top Bottom