Google Pixel and Pixel XL

How much separation can you get from a 6" phone though? I mean would you notice it, or would it be better to have a single speaker which is twice as good as two rubbish ones? I don't know the answer myself.

You would be surprised at how much better Nexus 6 speakers sound compared to an S7/OP3/iP6 etc.

2 reasons - Front facing for clarity, stereo for imaging and sound steering.

And goes without saying decent drivers are needed to begin with. I watch a lot of YouTube so FFS come in handy for me. So much more enjoyable.

How much separation can you get from a 6" phone though? I mean would you notice it, or would it be better to have a single speaker which is twice as good as two rubbish ones? I don't know the answer myself.

I think with the lack of stereo speakers the bigger concern would be the loss of front-facing speakers.

Personally the stereo aspect I couldn't give a damn about, as as you say it's impossible to tell with 99% of stuff.

Hopefully the lack of a bottom front-facing speaker means it has a speaker set up similar to the HTC 10, which works well apparently.

Personally the stereo aspect I couldn't give a damn about, as as you say it's impossible to tell with 99% of stuff.

Do you have a phone with stereo FFS?

Hopefully the lack of a bottom front-facing speaker means it has a speaker set up similar to the HTC 10, which works well apparently.

Works well compared to single down facing or rear (not difficult) - but not a patch on N6P/N6/M7/M8 speakers apparently.

Do you have a phone with stereo FFS?

Calm down.

I've got a 6P thanks. I worded that poorly. The stereo is barely worth calling stereo - while it's there, and you can tell it's there if you want to, it's next to impossible to get any immersion from such a narrow source.

Edit: that said it would be absolutely essential if you use it for VR without headphones.

Last edited:
I was awaiting the new Nexus (sorry, Pixel phone). My Nexus 5 decided to totally fail a week or so ago and I've been stuck on a Lumia Windows phone and have almost cried many times.
I've been unimpressed with what we've seen of the new phones thus far, yes I know, they aren't released yet etc.
Anyway, current network offered me a great deal on a Galaxy 6. I know, "last years's" phone, but it still seems to be a greatly liked phone and it will eventually get Nougat....

Anyway, decided not to look any further at this years Pixel phones - I'll take a look when U get fed-up of the S6.

I'm not that worried with how it looks. I just want a new phone and this one should be the one I am going to go for. It will be miles faster than my current phone and will probably have more storage space (my current phone only has 16GBs of storage space if the new phones have 32GBs of storage space I'll be really happy).

So yeah I guess I've made up my mind. I just have to disable all the 2 factor authenication apps that are currently on my phone so I can move to a new one.

This is pretty awesome, the 5" phone is basically the same size as the iPhone so that will stop the verge always asking for a small highend Android phone. the 5.5" is really small too, I think small enough that I could use it in 1 hand. Hope this is true.

Bezels dont seem that bad, wish they were a little smaller and/or were home to capacative buttons.

I quite like the sound of the Nexus tbh, even though I currently own a HTC 10.
Its only a bit smaller in dimensions but looks to be a lot more usable one handed I dont have the biggest hands and the HTC 10 to me is just a tad too big for me to use one handed comfortably not to mention the chamfer digging in my hands.

Not sure If it'd be worth replacing the 10 with the Pixel, and in the same breath I'm considering an iPhone for the first time decisions lol.

Only real worry for me is the 2770 mAh battery performance...the phone looks quite thick disappointing they couldn't fit a larger battery inside. Obviously optimisation plays a key role too but still.

Hope release isn't too long after October 4th.

Last edited:
Most exciting thing for me is the smaller of the two phones is actually a smaller device than the Nexus 5x. This makes me happy.

As an example I find the size of the new iPhone 7 perfect. (Would never own an iphone!)

Back
Top Bottom