Google Pixel and Pixel XL

My S7 gets washed under the tap every so often. because it's IP68, I tend to not be bothered about getting a bit of dirt/food on it.

Plus it's always a neat trick at the table when out and about.

My S7 gets washed under the tap every so often. because it's IP68, I tend to not be bothered about getting a bit of dirt/food on it.

Plus it's always a neat trick at the table when out and about.

got to agree. that would be a neat trick.

although i don't really need water proofing in a phone, i think the idea now is that water proofing should become standard from all top of the range phones to set a standard that the lower end phones will slowly follow.

lets hope the rumours are just that.

He probably thought you were joking... Getting your phone wet when out for dinner probably not seen as a neat trick in all circles :p

Really, people are basing the opinions on a MOBILE PHONE on how waterproof it is? How often do you guys use/take your phone under water?

No intention of using it under water however I use a GPS app when out and about in the mountains etc and often the weather is somewhat damp. Having a phone that can cope withstand a drenching during a gale without worrying about it dying is a massive selling point to me.

The 4 October launch date for the Pixel smartphones is shaping up to be a bigger event than I first thought, if Android Police is to be believed. Alphabet/Google expected to launch Google Home, a 4K "Chromecast Ultra" device and now, according to rumours, Google WiFi. Google WiFi is rumoured to be priced at US $ 129 and may include enhanced range and "multiple Google Wifi access points (two or more) can be linked together to create one large wireless network." This is referred to as mesh technology to cover every point in a house which might otherwise have weak access points.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/0...-wifi-a-129-home-wi-fi-router-on-october-4th/

I mean it's okay but the 6P honestly looks better...

I'm with you there. Not that I found the 6P particularly appealing on looks. I'm not that sure what is a good looking phone any more :D The new Pixel phones are shaping up to be expensive be it exchange rate or whatever and can only hope the Pixels have some premium features.

If I smashed my X Style tomorrow then currently no new phone really appeals. I was (am) holding out to see what the Google phones were like but on looks I'm not all that keen. Looks aren't everything mind.

I did find myself reading a few Moto Z reviews .... should I call the nurse now to give me my meds :p

Back
Top Bottom