Google Pixel and Pixel XL

Thinking some more about next week's release (should be very exciting!), Andromeda and the image previously posted of the rear of the Pixel phone, have a theory about the antennae line at the bottom of the rear of the phone and why half of the phone is covered in glass.

Perhaps with Andromeda, the phone becomes the CPU and the back of the phone becomes the mouse. Assuming you use Chromecast, the TV becomes your display screen. Add a Bluetooth connected keyboard and your have a full PC in your pocket. If Google announces the functionality and actually brings it with the Pixel phones, that would seem a big deal. Even if they just announce the functionality, they could say that the Pixel phones will get it first.

Plausible?

That does look rather nice! Think I might end up getting one of these, have a feeling that it is going to be pretty impressive, more so for the software side of things.

Will probably go with the smaller device although I really don't want to go back to 5" screen but the XL is just too big again... :/

That does look rather nice! Think I might end up getting one of these, have a feeling that it is going to be pretty impressive, more so for the software side of things.

Will probably go with the smaller device although I really don't want to go back to 5" screen but the XL is just too big again... :/

Im on the fences, I think I might end up with the 5" if its got the same exact feature set bar screen res.

Im on the fences, I think I might end up with the 5" if its got the same exact feature set bar screen res.

Hopefully the only difference this time will be the screen res. and battery size. I do hope the price is no more than £400 though... £450 tops, I couldn't justify buying it, if it is more than £450...

Another thing that I hope they get spot on is the screen calibration, I love how colour accurate the 5x display is, this one thing alone makes such a big difference to screen quality.

To me it still just looks like a phone, except the back is 1/3 shiny and I can see all those extra dollar signs in the reflection.

I'm more interested in "the 4th October will stick in the memory" thing. If it's just Google launching the rebrand from Nexus to Google Pixel with £200+ Apple tax then I'll be sorely disappointed, frustrated and see no justification at all to upgrade from my 6P.

If the whole "remember the 4th October" thing actually means something then they've kept it a bloody good secret (unlikely), it'll make the tech world go "woah" and I'll suddenly be interested despite the price hike.

Either way I'll be watching it with eager eyes to see what's what, but at the moment I'm not exactly drooling on my credit card. After the "leaks" of smartphones in the past 5 years it would be refreshing and actually exciting to see a company reveal something surprising on stage, and I'm clinging to that hope.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom