Google Pixel and Pixel XL

SD card slot? Yes please.

Android 7.1 confirmed at launch too. I think if it has SD card slot, I'm game. The camera /should/ be better than the 6P as well. If it matches the S7 camera, then I'm definitely game. And wireless charging ideally too.

Glass window means it could be possible.

I would say that the 6P/5X camera is already on par with the GS 7. HDR+ mode is utterly fantastic and far superior to all other phones HDR mode in my experience, I also find them a bit better for getting a great photo on your first go as well. Video recording could definitely do with an improvement though and I would like to see the auto focus speed from the gs 7.

Design isn't exactly great looking but who knows... it might look better in person, a bit like the 6P (best phone for design/looks imo, except the size of the bezels...). It still doesn't excuse the massive bezels especially the bottom one though... No idea why they got rid of front facing speakers either especially when the bezel is that big!?

The more concerning matter is the icons/dock + buttons, it looks awful! Thank god for nova but I hope we don't see the rest of the UI i.e. notification slider, settings menu and the stock apps etc. get butchered further down the line...

Last edited:
I'll wait for the official announcement tbh but I kind of agree. Google really need to produce something new rather than an average android phone.

I'll see what features are announced with it. Looks are far from everything :D More bezel than I would like. If the leaked renders are correct. What time is kick off tomorrow?

My Nexus 4 died a battery fail death, and have been using my Dad's old HTC One M7 which is going the same way.
Hoping the price is alright on this phone, as I'll be picking it up. Guessing it wont be similar build quality to the Pixel C if it's not being made by Google? :(

Somebody has photoshopped the iPhone home button onto the new Pixel...
6d0d3c0f3d0b85ed12b625ea2a3790775835335b2cd44d6e944bdf7496414952_zpsa257at8l.jpg

:eek:

This makes me sad. :(

@Richy888

Kick off is 9 am Pacific time tomorrow which is 5 pm London time. Lots of sites live blogging it. What we know so far in terms of devices: 2 Pixel smartphones, 4K ChromeCast, Google Home, Daydream VR headset and WiFi router.

I'm actually interested in the router if the Pixel phones end up not having an SD card slot.

The router because of the global meshing feature said to feature in it, similar to existing routers, but a bit said to be more unified in the mesh (single SSID between points spanning the entire house with no weak spots and no access point/router hopping when you leave the range of the one you're connected to).

Plus it's Google, so the firmware is likely to be regularly updated compared to the once a year update (if even that) on even high end consumer routers (I have the AC68U).

Was really hoping for wireless but shall wait and see tomorrow...they might surprise me...

I know the note 7 has its issues and isnt pure android but on purely size alone it has a bigger screen and yet is smaller in every way to the xl.....

They must have something extra packed in to warrant the 8.6mm thickness. It's the only explanation. The Galaxy S7 Edge has a bigger battery and is 7.7mm with wireless charging, SD card slot, and IPX68 rated...

Back
Top Bottom