Google Pixel and Pixel XL

So definitely no wireless charging. Even the Nexus 5 had wireless charging. :(

that's because N5 didn't have quick charge. as much as i miss it as it's handy to just chuck the phone onto a surface rather then plug it in, like now i'm at my desk getting texts etc, i haven't plugged it in as i'd be forever unplugging it, however with wireless charging i can pick up respond then put back to slowly charge. but it would be dead slow. quick charge is just so fast now and these larger batteries would take yonkes to charge with wireless.

Wireless charging was a bit of a fad. I am sure it will come back when it's advanced a bit like 3D technology.

As mentioned before it was so slow it was only worth doing every now and then.

No one heard of quick wireless charging? lol it's only been around for the last bloody year.

Much faster than the old chargers. But I still prefer wired. I slow charge via a wire overnight.

Variety is reporting that tomorrow Google is also going to introduce its first-ever Daydream virtual reality headset. The device, which is meant to be used in conjunction with either of the two new phones, could be sold for as little as $79.

Variety also says Daydream headsets are going to use the phone as a display. However, unlike Samsung’s mobile headset, Daydream won’t use a touch pad for navigation. Instead, it is being shipped with a handheld controller that works a bit like a Wii remote, capable of tracking motion and to be used for both navigation and game play in VR experiences.

Looking forward to hearing about this. I really need a new phone and I only ever get Nexus devices because I want stock Android. My Nexus 4 just feels like it is on its way to dying and I need a new phone before that happens.

I'll be watching the announcement with interest :).

Google Magic is a term we have not heard before. It could be carrier (Verizon US) advertising or it could be a new feature.

The Verizon leak is also the first official confirmation of the blue colour (previously a rumour). So choice will be blue, silver or black. The two variants also confirmed as 32 GB and 128 GB.

All revealed today.

Wireless charging was a bit of a fad. I am sure it will come back when it's advanced a bit like 3D technology.

As mentioned before it was so slow it was only worth doing every now and then.

As Kona said quick wireless charging is out there anyway.

But with the N5 I was always into the habit of sit at workstation, plonk phone the wireless pad. Get home, plonk phone on the wireless pad.

I didn't mind that it was slow charging as it was rarely below 60-80%, on weekdays anyway.

Perhaps that's why my Nexus 5 has outlasted most, as I was rarely running it down. The battery is still fine in mine (I gave it to someone else when I got the 6P).

Back
Top Bottom