Google Pixel Tablet

Associate
3656-D86-F-5-FDC-4-FD3-8-F3-D-0-DEE17-D523-A7.webp

Didn’t see a specific thread for this so figured I’d set one up.

So what do we reckon then? Reckon it’s got a shot?

I know the Pixel C and Slate didn’t fare too well so can totally understand people being apprehensive about it but I think if it’s priced competitively it could be ok.

I’m certainly intrigued enough that it could be my next tablet purchase and thats with me currently using a 2018 iPad Pro 11”.

Soldato
I think people would have to be out of their mind to be an early adopter.
I bought the Pixel C early on, with the keyboard and used for a few years, but it was depressing how quickly Google dropped it. Their own hardware, and fast too, but so many bugs/glitches or annoyances. The keyboard was cool but basically required a 3rd party app to force screen orientation.

The Slate... I ignored, and I never hear anyone speak of it now?

I used to be all about Google, but they seem to have more misses than hits these days. You can guarantee that support for this new tablet will be axed as soon as they can get away with it.
There's definitely nothing here worth being hyped up for.

Associate
same, was a early adopter of the pixel c+ keyboard, really like the hardware, but never got the software support, still using it yet. it great for the flying the Drone. the big screen is just so good

Man of Honour
I'll be keeping an eye because I don't want to buy an iPad. So this could be quite interesting. That said, I'm not really sure what Android tablets exist at the moment which are worth looking at! However, owning a pixel 6 Pro and being in the Google ecosystem I'd be quite interested in this.

Soldato
While I had the Nexus 10 and used it a lot, especially for university, I have the S5e now but don't really use it that often. Still, I'll keep an eye on this seeing it may also work as a home Nest device based on earlier leaks, been wanting to replace my smaller Google home with something bigger.

Associate
OP
While I had the Nexus 10 and used it a lot, especially for university, I have the S5e now but don't really use it that often. Still, I'll keep an eye on this seeing it may also work as a home Nest device based on earlier leaks, been wanting to replace my smaller Google home with something bigger.
Yeah if it ends up doubling as a detachable Nest Hub Max then that could see some additional interest.

I totally get everyone being down on it though - the way Google have treated their tablet line over the years (Nexus 7 aside - what a tablet) I'm not surprised that people wouldn't get one.

Soldato
Pixel C ownership was just waiting/hoping that the next Android update would make it work well. That update never came and Google abandoned it about 3 days after launch... :D
They should stick to just making the phone OS and harvesting all our data. Everything else they touch seems to turn to excrement.

Associate
OP
The play for Google here is to include the dock as part of the package. But I fear that the dock will be an additional purchase which would make it a tougher sell for people.

Price? Has to be on par with the regular 10.2” iPad imo so around the £300 mark.

Back
Top Bottom