Votes: 20 5.3%
  • Yes, but after launch

Votes: 24 6.3%
  • No

Votes: 286 75.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 49 12.9%

• Total voters
Surely nobody is surprised that google shutdown their internal game studios?
No, not really. Maybe if they focus a bit more on the delivery side of things rather than producing their own games. This should have always been the Netflix of gaming and maybe it would have done a bit better.

Surely nobody is surprised that google shutdown their internal game studios?

Which is surely separate to Stadia as a platform?

we’ll continue to bring new titles from third parties to the platform. We’re committed to the future of cloud gaming, and will continue to do our part to drive this industry forward. Our goal remains focused on creating the best possible platform for gamers and technology for our partners, bringing these experiences to life for people everywhere

Still, don't want to get in the way of people bashing Google, ignoring actual facts. :)

Which is surely separate to Stadia as a platform?

Still, don't want to get in the way of people bashing Google, ignoring actual facts. :)

Sony developing their own games, Nintendo developing their own games, Microsoft developing their own games never stopped them as a platform

If anything, history shows that closed platforms need exclusives to sell

I don't know the games industry, but surely just because all the others do it, doesn't mean you can't be a platform if you don't do it? Is there history of a platform that didn't and so failed? Do Nvidia make their own games? (It's them that are also game streaming, right?) I'm not trolling, I'm genuinely interested.

To me it doesn't make sense, it's like saying Spotify wont succeed if they don't make some of their own music. Also, having exclusives doesn't mean you have to make them yourselves, right?

The problem is Google have basically killed off developers investing in it, because if Google can’t make money of it then what hope does any dev have? People won’t make exclusive games for them now off the back of this and that will be a problem.

Yes they’ll still probably buy exclusives like the game from Sega just announced but I’d imagine the sales will be so small that there’ll be less and less people willing to launch a game as an exclusive on Stadia.

Google dropping it already, most people called it before it even launched.

As above if Google dont/wont/want to developer for it why would a 3rd party?

They will just focus on the platform that makes them money which isn't Stadia

The whole idea of streaming games is a good idea in itself but the Internet/tech structure isn't here yet and most people do not have fast connections to do it especially if other members of the household are streaming media,playing games too etc

The whole idea of streaming games is a good idea in itself but the Internet/tech structure isn't here yet and most people do not have fast connections to do it especially if other members of the household are streaming media,playing games too etc

Whilst I don't disagree with your wider sentiment I would disagree with this. I have had Stadia for 14 months in a house where we regularly have 4 HD streams coming in and get no contention issues on our local internet and hardly any (like sub 0.1%) of any other network. We have a 200MB VM Internet connection. As I said further up Graphically it is not quite comparable to a top end PC but as a cheap convenient way to play games it works. It does work.

Whilst I don't disagree with your wider sentiment I would disagree with this. I have had Stadia for 14 months in a house where we regularly have 4 HD streams coming in and get no contention issues on our local internet and hardly any (like sub 0.1%) of any other network. We have a 200MB VM Internet connection. As I said further up Graphically it is not quite comparable to a top end PC but as a cheap convenient way to play games it works. It does work.
I get what your saying but you have a 200MB connection so I'd expect that to handle multiple web based stuff going on. I myself have similar 300MB VM

I think we'll sure there was some data that showed that majority of people in UK don't even have 50mb connections still so if say Avg is 18mb to 36mb trying to handle multiple streams, downloads etc would cause issues such as slow speeds, lag etc

To me it doesn't make sense, it's like saying Spotify wont succeed if they don't make some of their own music. Also, having exclusives doesn't mean you have to make them yourselves, right?

Agreed.

But it won't stop people crawling out the woodwork and spamming this thread now, some of which having never tried it but some how know everything about it.

Agreed.

But it won't stop people crawling out the woodwork and spamming this thread now, some of which having never tried it but some how know everything about it.
Well except Spotify is not remotely similar in terms of what it's delivering

This is a game based service. That before this news was already not doing as well as they hoped in part due to there own crap marketing and launch which could have been better.

There competing against Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo, whom all offer exclusives and a steady service, Sony have there streaming as well with PS Now

Stadia does like any platform need something for itself I.e. exclusive

Unless they throw money at 3rd party studios to Purley have a game on stadia what else can they do?

Well they could have made there own games which now they can't.

Look at Netflix/Amazon again a different product but have there own benefits such as own original shows.

Amazon has the other prime features too.

Stadia needs a strong selling point to survive if not it will just be like on live.

As above of course it will get discussed, one of the fears people had was would Google support it in the long term, this decision gives the impression that they won't

I think the fears came from people that don't own it and don't have any intention of owning it... But they still enjoy bashing it when a news article comes in that goes in their favour.

Who the heck is this Jade Redmond woman? She always crops up when she joins somewhere as the saviour of gaming and then is never mentioned again until she leaves, having seemingly done nothing at all.

Back
Top Bottom