• Yes, but after launch

Votes: 24 6.3%
  • No

Votes: 286 75.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 49 12.9%

• Total voters
Soldato
This all sounds.... kinda awful ? My internet is trash anyway at 30mb. So count me out.

I’ll stick to an actual console. Like the ps5/Xbox new

Soldato
If it worked flawlessly with no latency, was the right price, didn't turn into advertising hell It'd be a great idea. It'd save anyone splashing out £1000 on an 2080 and or whatever's due in the future. I can see unnecessary loading screens trying to sell add ons and all sorts of immersion breaking guff. Look what's happened to Youtube, adverts half way through videos etc.

Caporegime
OP
Some news can't wait for E3. Watch our first ever Stadia Connect June 6, 2019 at 9AM PDT/5PM UK/6PM CET as we reveal more Stadia news, including pricing, games, and launch details.

Caporegime
OP
So it seems like some stuff has leaked already -

* Launches in November
* You will need to buy a Chromecast Ultra dongle to use the service this year
* Google Chrome support comes in 2020
* There is a monthly sub of £10 that will give you access to a selection of "older" games
* The free sub (coming later) will allow you to stream the games you've bought but only up to 1080p (you need to pay extra for 4K)
* 31 games to start with

I'll update the OP with the correct information after the broadcast later today.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Who plays whilst travelling and really expects a 13ms ping? If you want to play competitive twitch FPS games surely you cannot expect this to be viable in a random hotel Europe in the ***hole of Europe? Also 13ms is low even for FTTC at home. And I doubt you are a pro in Overwatch League or CS:GO!

I'll send you a speed test of my 10Gb/10Gb ftth connection when I get home, I regularly see sub 8ms to the other side of the country.

Of course you won't get a good connection while traveling, that's why this won't be used at all when traveling. That's what the switch is for.

Associate
Isn't at launch only one game for free...Destiny 2, for anything else you have to pay normal xbox/ps4 price on top of subscription.

Caporegime
OP
Yeah, I thought that was terrible. Destiny 2 is the only thing you can play before you have to shell out further. Where's the game pass equivalent with a selection of older games like Doom 2016, Dishonored 2, Assassin's Creed Origins, etc etc.

If Microsoft launches xCloud this year, it'll just trounce Stadia even if they only offer 1080p Xbox One S visuals.

Soldato
Isn't this just OnLive all over again?
Yes but we're 10 years more advanced now. In theory. Ironically, the YouTube stream I was watching was awful. Barely went above 480p!
Hmm, some parts of the country might be. I've moved and gone backwards in that time.

Anyway, what is stadia? is it a box of tricks that links to the CC ultra or do the pads just connect straight to the CCs (maybe that's why the ultra's were rumoured to support bluetooth peripherals...)

Caporegime
OP
Anyway, what is stadia? is it a box of tricks that links to the CC ultra or do the pads just connect straight to the CCs (maybe that's why the ultra's were rumoured to support bluetooth peripherals...)

It's a game console in the cloud. The video output is processed by Chromecast devices or Google Chrome web browser instead of a monitor. The controllers connect via Wifi direct to the Stadia servers.

Back
Top Bottom