• No

Votes: 286 75.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 49 12.9%

• Total voters

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Well bought cyberpunk in the sale and a nice £10 off. Now if only the family could f off so I can sit down and play it :)

Soldato
Am liking this Stadia so far. Playing Control Ultimate. It's good that you can also use a PC with a chrome based browser and link the controller up either by USB-C or Bluetooth.

If you have multiple Stadia's does each have to have its own Stadia account to use local multiplayer? Does each user have to have the multiplayer game in their account? Can one user add other users as family members that can share and participate in a multiplayer game without all having to buy the same game?

Soldato
Am liking this Stadia so far. Playing Control Ultimate. It's good that you can also use a PC with a chrome based browser and link the controller up either by USB-C or Bluetooth.

If you have multiple Stadia's does each have to have its own Stadia account to use local multiplayer? Does each user have to have the multiplayer game in their account? Can one user add other users as family members that can share and participate in a multiplayer game without all having to buy the same game?

Just to clarify, the Stadia controller has Bluetooth but it isn't enabled, it uses WiFi.

With couch multiplayer, only one user needs to sign-in and then everyone can play.

If you have a Google Family Account, you can share any of your games, the other people do not need a Pro subscription or to buy the game. - However, there is only once license for the game. So if someone if your family group is playing Control, nobody else in that group will be able to play Control at the same time.

Associate
Only way I could see the thing working, is if the £8.99 a month gave you access to everything, for free, at the highest resolution and audio quality – you could then keep on playing away as the monthly charges are made, and would lose access to your library when you stop paying….

By everything I’m guessing you mean the games that aren’t in the Pro sub as well as the ones that are. Yeah don’t think Google like gaming that much to do that. Lol

Soldato
By everything I’m guessing you mean the games that aren’t in the Pro sub as well as the ones that are. Yeah don’t think Google like gaming that much to do that. Lol

Like I said, for people who only console game and already have a PS5 or Xbox Series - Stadia is pretty much useless, so Google would need to like gaming a bit more, to really sell it to those folks.

Soldato
Just to clarify, the Stadia controller has Bluetooth but it isn't enabled, it uses WiFi.

With couch multiplayer, only one user needs to sign-in and then everyone can play.

If you have a Google Family Account, you can share any of your games, the other people do not need a Pro subscription or to buy the game. - However, there is only once license for the game. So if someone if your family group is playing Control, nobody else in that group will be able to play Control at the same time.

Thanks, I misread the stadia instructions, it was referring to 3rd party controllers using Bluetooth. Bit of a pain unlinking and relinking the controller but i'll probably use keyboard & mouse on the PC and leave the controller linked to the TV.

So with couch / local multiplayer, you can add more controllers up to 4 presumably if the game allows that many and only one player needs to be signed in and own the game or the game is part of the pro sub that is active on that user.

Online multiplayer I presume would involve each player being signed in and own the game.

The game sharing sounds the same as Steam, only one player can be using the game at any one time.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Very late to the party but I have to say this thing is brilliant, works so so well, Dirt rally is so much fun :)

Soldato
A few hours into Control Ultimate Edition and really liking it so far.

It is the first game in Stadia that I have played where pushing the Stadia button on the controller causes the game to pause - Never had that in any other Stadia game interestingly

Associate
I've always been impressed with the performance, i didnt notice it was streamed, although did have to play 2/3rd of Rise Of The Tomb Raider with micro stutter until they fixed it (it just magically stopped after a few weeks).

My two main issues were simply the cost and lack of games when compared with Steam, Microsoft & Sony, The first year it felt at virtually standstill, being bulked up with indies.

They could have made it work with more interest and effort. Netflix, Spotify etc simple subscription prices and more experienced staff working with studios. It lacked understanding of the industry and simply expected everyone to flock to them when infsft it requires dev time, money and for what reward? No players and little incentive financially.

Oh yeah, best not forget the total shambles that was the roll out.

Associate
The streaming tech is some of the best out there.

While not everyone may be on board with streaming, the way to get gamers on board with a platform is by having killer exclusive games.

This didn’t happen as google didn’t want to invest in something that likely wouldn’t have saw the return.

I still have my founders edition but cancelled my pro subscription at around the time they announced closures of internal studios.

That said pretty much everything about how much confidence they had in their own product…..

Back
Top Bottom