• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Got a chance of a 1080ti

Associate
so latest...I removed the ti and put my card back in and all working fine. carefully put back together the faulty card and thought I would give it a go in my second pc and it is working perfectly...so maybe it did not like water cooling or perhaps I did not fit the block correctly...now don't know what to do with it...I really wanted it water cooled but not sure if I should try it again and see what happens...what do you reckon?

Have you tried it with stock cooler back on in your first pc?

Associate
OP
yea.....changed my loop and put card in with stock cooler and been running heaven for half hour with no issues. max temp 65c and around 60c on the mem and power sensors. I am going to keep it for a few days and if its ok will leave it in...and sell my 1080

Caporegime
I'm running those 'apps' or gadgets on my most of my Win10 1903 installs. One of the things I liked about Win7 so I've always had it on Windows 10. Google '8GadgetPack'

Epic! I’ve missed my gadgets, nice one. :)

yea.....changed my loop and put card in with stock cooler and been running heaven for half hour with no issues. max temp 65c and around 60c on the mem and power sensors. I am going to keep it for a few days and if its ok will leave it in...and sell my 1080

I find Furmark very good for heat stress tests (I’m fairly sure from the above heat was the issue)

I’d try the water cooling again, looks like for whatever reason you’d goofed the installation last time, if it was “space invading” due to a fault it would do the same in your other rig.

Associate
OP
Epic! I’ve missed my gadgets, nice one. :)

I find Furmark very good for heat stress tests (I’m fairly sure from the above heat was the issue)

I’d try the water cooling again, looks like for whatever reason you’d goofed the installation last time, if it was “space invading” due to a fault it would do the same in your other rig.
I am leaning towards the block install being the culprit even tho my temps were very good with the block on, never went above 45c for the first 3 hours or so then bam....just would nor play games ...looking at it with the stock cooler the temps are good as well so will leave it s it is for now and see what happens

Caporegime
I am leaning towards the block install being the culprit even tho my temps were very good with the block on, never went above 45c for the first 3 hours or so then bam....just would nor play games ...looking at it with the stock cooler the temps are good as well so will leave it s it is for now and see what happens
Only takes a small heat spot to cause issues, had a similar thing with a CPU, temps were fine but the computer would crash randomly or not boot at all, on removing the cooler I had a very small area with no compound on it, reapplied and it’s behaving to this day.

Soldato
Glad to hear things might be resolved. The time it takes troubleshooting hardware problems can be much better spent using it! ;)

Back
Top Bottom