Government launches 'preppers' website

Same in Sweden for about 1 week toilet roll simply vanished lol

People are idiots.

I still love to comment in regards the bog roll.
We would generally have around 18 rolls (3x 6 packs) in our airing cupboard and my other half would say just about weekly, more toilet roll what are you expecting a shortage or something!?
Then COVID...

Soldato
Aaah the TP shortage that eventually become a self fulfilling prophecy. I remember being down to my last roll and feeling the pressure.

I happened to know someone who had accidentally stocked up on toilet paper. They gave me 2 packs of 9 rolls.

Soldato
The government has released guidelines on the Gov website for us to store 'Emergency supplies' in case of a national Crisis.

Obviously we take what the government say with a pinch of salt, but thinking back to the early days of the pandemic whereby there was a breakdown in the supply chain, where we saw supermarket shelves empty and now to present day where we are constantly reminded with the threat of WW3. Is it time to start keeping a certain amount of supplies on hand just in case?

Is now the time to take it a little bit more seriously?
Is it in case they remain in power after the next elections and totally screw things up? Or is it because the oven ready brexit deal is finally going to kick in?

Toilet paper and pasta yeh?

If I knew there wasn’t going to be any spinach pasta after the pandemic, I would have stock up on it during the pandemic…. It’s something that’s totally disappeared from supermarkets along with French mustard!
I still to this day, do not understand the toilet roll madness in the early days of the pandemic. I have no idea how the panic even started.
Simple… one persons sneezes and four people poo themselves hence the need for toilet paper.

—-

Joking aside, I’m always ready… part of my boy scout training, I have a grab bag just in cause I need to go full Rambo. There’s no harm in knowing you local area and I know the perfect spot in case of a zombie apocalypse,

It’s big business in the US…

Soldato
Step 1: Buy Mac 10 and ammo in under 10 minutes

Step 2: Help yourself to everyone else’s stuff
You jest, but in short order that's what it would amount to*. Also, anybody who's actually been in that type of situation before will be stocking up on tins and preserved goods, not things like TP and perishables or dry goods (what happens when the main water supply is FUBAR?). Still, leave the morons to it, more of the actually useful stuff for us. :cry:

* assuming it really hits the fan, and the civil infrastructure and such collapses or is incapacitated.

Associate
OP
Aaah the TP shortage that eventually become a self fulfilling prophecy. I remember being down to my last roll and feeling the pressure.

I happened to know someone who had accidentally stocked up on toilet paper. They gave me 2 packs of 9 rolls.

I bought toilet roll because i needed some. And then as i got into the car I had a call from my pregnant sister who couldnt get ahold of any anywhere. The embarrassment i had when i went back in for more poo sheets was real.

Back
Top Bottom