Government launches 'preppers' website

Man of Honour
I don't think this is a coincidence...

Possibly related to the active sun spots (AR3664) revolving back around to us sometime around mid June, but last I saw they'd downgraded the potential solar storms from it a bit - even so an edge case for widespread disruption.

EDIT: On the Russia, China, nukes topic though - Putin's recent visit to China was interesting - definitely about being on the same page as China for the next stage(s) of the war IMO including the potential use of non-conventional weapons.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks for reminding me I "need" some more water purification tablets. Cheap insurance in case I need to raid the garden water butts if China hacks the local pumping station... or, more likely, there's a burst and I have to queue for four hours to get a few bottles of water.

As for prepping... I haven't used all my covid supplies yet! I have rotated them though.

Soldato
Pretty good website, ofc the minute they advertise it everywhere will sell out of the stuff on the list. I got most of it when the Ukraine war started just in case. I generally don't store much food, and no water, so I'd have to rush to get that when needed. I remember seeing something about building a scuffed nuclear shelter inside your house, but it wouldn't protect you from radiation so it's basically about protecting your dead body, or others from it.

Soldato
no-i-dont-think.gif

I don't think I can be bothered going through all that hassle of trying to survive the apocalypse

Caporegime
or open a huge amount of large allotments for people to grow their own food and remove the need to have planning permission for polytunnels

oh no wait, that would actually make sense so that will never happen in the UK

they actively try to block you from doing anything here
They closed the local allotment nearest to where I live :(

They said the site had became an eyesore, so they were going to clear it then open the site back up as allotments...

it's now a grass field.

Most allotments have multiple year long waiting lists, costs the council almost nothing to designate a field as one...

Last edited:
Caporegime
This reads more like people don’t know how to adult these days rather than a WW3 thing.

As someone who's becoming more and more of an old man, I find great amusement in watching the new generation fail at achieving such simple tasks that we've been doing for hundreds or even thousands of years.

Good for business tho.

Caporegime
As someone who's becoming more and more of an old man, I find great amusement in watching the new generation fail at achieving such simple tasks that we've been doing for hundreds or even thousands of years.

Good for business tho.

most people under 30 would think clothes are disposable if washing machines suddenly stopped working.
to simple to realise you could wash them by hand.

How did man ever invent fire, without another person telling them?

Last edited:
Soldato
We had to have one in NZ for earthquakes.

Not sure why Id need to stock up on baby supplies and what size batteries exactly?

Project fear is a go it seems, try and scare some votes their way.

Back
Top Bottom