• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** GPU Hierarchy ***

Soldato
Sure if you only test examples using certain titles then it will favour one brand over the other. For example if you only tested a few specific RT titles, my 6900 XT is faster than my 3090. That’s why it’s important to take a balanced view and test over a range of titles. That Computerbase article is quite revealing I think.

That's exactly right. The strengths and weakness or how good/bad a GPU shouldn't be based on a handful of games. As you say, certain games favour one brand or another. That attitude should be applied in all Graphic card discussions going forward. That's including the RT debate and the Vram debate. One game been better on GPU than the other doesn't mean anything.

Caporegime
That's exactly right. The strengths and weakness or how good/bad a GPU shouldn't be based on a handful of games. As you say, certain games favour one brand or another. That attitude should be applied in all Graphic card discussions going forward. That's including the RT debate and the Vram debate. One game been better on GPU than the other doesn't mean anything.
If only that logic was actually applied though. Then we wouldn’t see a 6900 XT in the same performance tier as a 2080 TI/3070. :p

Permabanned

That's exactly why I recommend using 3DMark for RT performance rather than entering a debate concerning whether or not RTGI, RTAO, RT reflections, RT shadows, etc. are used or not as at the moment sponsorship is being used to mislead the consumer.

Everyone appears to be happy with 3DMark for rasterisation.

• Haha
Reactions: TNA

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
That's exactly why I recommend using 3DMark for RT performance rather than entering a debate concerning whether or not RTGI, RTAO, RT reflections, RT shadows, etc. are used or not as at the moment sponsorship is being used to mislead the consumer.

Everyone appears to be happy with 3DMark for rasterisation.
Not gonna happen :cry:

Soldato
Thanks for putting this table together and sorry if it has been asked already, sometimes these threads decent into chaos. :cry:

On average at 1440p techspot say the 3070 is only 13% faster. That's not enough to lump in with the 6800 non XT. I also feel with AMDs latest drivers which offer even more 6xxx performance improvements that gap will be smaller nowadays.

I note the 6700XT is Tier D but that 3070 is Tier C. You might find that actually these two are very similar. So either 3070 needs to be Tier D or 6700XT / 6750XT are Tier C. In my opinion of course. :)

Associate
Just noticed, 3060ti is faster than 2080 super in every metric I have seen.

Although I would suspect that the 2080 Super would likely win in a race from a second floor balcony to the concrete below.

Back
Top Bottom