• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU panic selling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
It just doesn't bother me. Couldn't care less about scalping luxury items. It's not like you HAVE to buy them at scalped prices is it?

Come back to me when it's water, food or some other essential item.
If people could get away with it they would do. Like that guy who tried to scalp PPE when Covid hit.

e: And some other chap who tried buying up all the hand sanitiser to scalp it :p

Soldato
I've noticed more frequent drops but no good deals that last more than a couple of minutes at best.
Even 2nd hand completed/sold auctions for 3060Ti ending at £700.

I can't describe that as panic selling.

Associate
Chip shortage is slowly coming to an end.

Not at all, that is not changing any time soon, only thing changing is mining starting to fade out, China imposing mining restrictions meaning more GPUS available worldwide, prices are lowering for sure though, other day i managed to get a 3070TI in my basket for 750 quid at a competitors site (i didnt bought it since i already have a GPU

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Prices are creeping down for sure, but based on two weeks of the part alert sites the shaving off is not much maybe £100 from listings a month back.

Considering the worldwide mining thing, Im waiting for this tsunami of GPUs as if these predictions are anywhere near accurate then you will have lots of people obtaining a card with the retailers left holding all these double msrp products.

Associate
yep, if it goes like last time there will be a TON of second hand cards on the market and it will negatively affect Nvidia itself and retailers for a while.

Soldato
Or maybe next week Smokey26 bags a 3080FE.

Almost a year after release though.... During the most 'important' period to have a high end GPU (when lockdowns prevented holidays, socia events etc....)

There's been a very good reason people have been prepared to pay more than MSRP for 3080's, 3090's over the last year, exluding the obvious pull of mining to earn a profit.

Associate
Just looking on facebook marketplace and the prices are tumbling for second hand cards it is definitely a race to the bottom now. This is exactly what Nvidia feared though the market is about to get flooded with high end 2nd hand cards and nobody will be buying the next generation when it comes out!

Soldato
Just looking on facebook marketplace and the prices are tumbling for second hand cards it is definitely a race to the bottom now. This is exactly what Nvidia feared though the market is about to get flooded with high end 2nd hand cards and nobody will be buying the next generation when it comes out!

In my area FB Marketplace is showing £900+ markups on the card I want.

I am hopeful that things are improving, however I am not seeing it.

Edit: Quoted wrong post

Last edited:
Soldato
I just hope Nvidia can keep the drops coming like the past few weeks, I gave up on getting AIB cards still gonna take long time for them to drop to reasonable price from retailers

Ivs

Ivs

Associate
Seems like my prediction for around November for close to msrp prices and normality returning to the gpu market might be accurate. Brand new 3070s used to be sold for 1300 euro on second hand sites. Now theyre going for about 1000, plus 900 and 1000 series gpus are more abundant now.

Stock is increasing and prices are dropping. Let the good times roll.

Associate
Seems like my prediction for around November for close to msrp prices and normality returning to the gpu market might be accurate. Brand new 3070s used to be sold for 1300 euro on second hand sites. Now theyre going for about 1000, plus 900 and 1000 series gpus are more abundant now.

Stock is increasing and prices are dropping. Let the good times roll.

Fingers crossed !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom