• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU prices go boom

Soldato
Whilst I suspect this is a flippant remark, my point regarding mean time to failure still stands.

If you had one light on for 5 hours a day, and the other on 24 hours a day, would you expect them to last the same time?

Are we talking LED or Filament bulbs.

Soldato
Hi there

Check OcUK pricing on all GPU's, 1080Ti from £749, 1080 from £550, 1070Ti from £499, 1070 from £449, 1060 6G from £269, 1060 3G from £209. Vega 64 from £699, Vega 56 from £599, RX 580 8G from £315.
This is across several cards, good stocks that should last more than a day as everything is limited to 1PC per customer, of course I cannot predict how weak or strong sales might be as in the current climate the prices are very fair.

Cheers Gibbo. Any news on RX560 stock and pricing changes?

Caporegime
the funny thing is retail there are cards about just be ready to pull the trigger on them when you see the prices.mining is in free fall.see many on here trying to get rid of gpus.

you see the reason why some prices are still high because not all look or realize.people harping on about 1080ti prices last week for eg 679 pound brand new.if you paying 1000 pound and not using brain it says it all.1070s have been even as recent as yesterday 369. loads of cards going to be on mm in next week also.im sure when you see the other retailers drop prices ocuk will follow suit . the thing is if you can sell a 1080ti at 1000 pound why would you sell it for 700 ? makes no sense. if people are paying it.cant blame em for that.

the crystal ball :D

Soldato
No it doesn't

When do bulbs normally blow? When you switch them on right.... Left on ALL the time they last ages...

I really am not getting your point here. LEDs have a mean time to failure, so do bulbs. Do you disagree with this?

It seems such a strange departure from what we were discussing, I feel like you’ve nothing more to say on the matter and are just trying to find something I’ve said ‘wrong’ for some reason.

Your original question, which seemed to me rather glib, was ‘does this apply to RGB too’, the answer to which as I and other(s) have said is ‘yes’.

Where are you going with this mate?

Soldato
Getting close to me buying an x mining card on the MM like the one i have now that has lasted 3 years!! I used to work in the PCB manufacture and we would soak test under high temps and catch 99% of failures within the first few days, after that you would be unlikely to see a failure <10yrs, as for the fans i water cool anyway..so its all good, going to get myself another 3yr lasting bargain when the prices drop enough.

Soldato
I really am not getting your point here. LEDs have a mean time to failure, so do bulbs. Do you disagree with this?

It seems such a strange departure from what we were discussing, I feel like you’ve nothing more to say on the matter and are just trying to find something I’ve said ‘wrong’ for some reason.

Your original question, which seemed to me rather glib, was ‘does this apply to RGB too’, the answer to which as I and other(s) have said is ‘yes’.

Where are you going with this mate?

If your going to quote me.. Then at least make sure your quoting me!!

My point is. Run a light bulb at full whack ALL the time and it will last longer than a bulb that is turned on and off. Think heat cycles..

Soldato
It hasn't..I NEVER mentioned RGB, YOU did..

Still struggling to see a coherent post at all mate.

RSR began the discussion on RGBs, you then quoted my reply to him, bringing yourself into the conversation. I was wrong in saying that it was you that raised the question, but you did chime into to a discussion regarding them. I wasn't the one who brought them into the discussion either.

What about RGB's? Do they have a shorter lift span if they come from a mining system?

I think at the moment you're just trying to be provocative rather than discuss this, you seemed to run out of steam earlier on, so I'll leave it there.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
I think at the moment you're just trying to be provocative rather than discuss this, you seemed to run out of steam earlier on, so I'll leave it there.

It was a attempt at humour, which clearly hasn't worked but it has seem to caused some disagreements and then people defending those methodologies which has proven interesting.

So to answer the question your statement, no, I didn't run out of steam.

Soldato
It was a attempt at humour, which clearly hasn't worked but it has seem to caused some disagreements and then people defending those methodologies which has proven interesting.

So to answer the question your statement, no, I didn't run out of steam.

Sorry mate, I wasn’t aiming that at you. Rather it was mattyg when he jumped in.

For the record I really don’t want to argue, just discuss.

Your post made me smile so it worked for me at least :)

Soldato
Whilst I suspect this is a flippant remark, my point regarding mean time to failure still stands.

If you had one light on for 5 hours a day, and the other on 24 hours a day, would you expect them to last the same time?

Hence this question. As the answer to your question would be different depending on whether it was a LED or Filament bulb

Are we talking LED or Filament bulbs.

I’m not sure I see the reasoning in your question, the point I was making applies to both, it’s analogous.

I think I've answered this one right here. But I'll do it again for you.

Bulb failure generally occurs during a start up. Going from 0% to 100% there is a surge in Voltage often causing a spike which will blow a filament. A steady constant power draw lessons this. You can also see this when using a dimmer switch. (thats a switch that you can turn on a slowly increase the power supplied to to bulb.)

No it doesn't

When do bulbs normally blow? When you switch them on right.... Left on ALL the time they last ages...

What has this got to do with an RGB strip?

Or modern led bulbs?

Again Thats why I asked about whether it was an LED or a Filament bulb.

Sorry mate, I wasn’t aiming that at you. Rather it was mattyg when he jumped in.

For the record I really don’t want to argue, just discuss.

Your post made me smile so it worked for me at least :)

Please accept my humble apologies for "jumping in" I shall await an invitation from someone in future..

Jeez these Gamers sure are bitter....Maybe if they weren't playing with themselves so much they'd be happier

Back
Top Bottom